Hormel Foods Statistics: A meat and food processor classifies its business operations into four reportable segments: Grocery Products, Refrigerated Foods, Jennie-O Turkey Store, and International and Other. It offers fresh and frozen meats, frozen meals, refrigerated meal options, sausages, bacon, hams, guacamole, as well as refrigerated food solutions. Additionally, the company also offers shelf-stable microwaveable meals and canned luncheon foods. These products are sold by the company under various brand names, including Always Tender and Hormel, Applegate. The company is present in Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Americas, and Europe. Hormel Foods sells its products in all the 50 states of the US. It also has a sizeable market in Canada, Australia, Micronesia, China, Brazil, England, the Philippines, Japan, Singapore, Mexico, and South Korea. Hormel operates through a network of facilities that produce and distribute other manufactured items. The headquarters are located in Austin, Minnesota.
Hormel Foods Corporation has provided innovation and extraordinary value to its customers, communities, and shareholders for over 125 years. They are proud to have reached this milestone. At the same time, they are also excited about the future. Hormel Foods Corporation will remain true to its purpose statement: “Inspired people. Inspired Food”, which is based on the legacy of the company’s founders in innovation, quality, and honesty.
Hormel Foods was named one of the 100 best corporate citizens in America in 2022. They made it to the Forbes World’s Best Employers 2019 list. Hormel Foods has been ranked No. 161 out of the top 400 companies that were honored for corporate responsibility. Military Times recognized Hormel Foods for the eighth time in a row, ranking No. 43 on the 2020 Best for Vets: Employees list.
Hormel Foods Statistics:
Net Sales Worldwide of Hormel Foods (2012-2021)
This timeline shows global net sales for Hormel Foods between 2012 and 2021. The global net sales of Hormel Foods reached approximately 11,400 million U.S. Dollars in 2021. This represents an increase of approximately 1,800 million U.S. Dollars.
Net Sales by Region worldwide (2012-2021)
The following statistic displays the global net sales of Hormel Foods from 2012 to 2021. It is broken down by region. Hormel Foods made net sales of approximately 733.11 Million U.S. dollars outside the United States in 2021.
Net Sales by Segment of Hormel Foods 2021
This statistic displays the global net sales for Hormel Foods in 2021. It is broken down by segment. According to the report, net sales from the Hormel Foods Grocery Products segment reached approximately 2,800 million U.S. dollars in that year.
EBIT Worldwide of Hormel Foods (2012-2021)
The timeline displays the EBIT of Hormel Foods from 2012 to 2021. In 2021, the global EBIT for Hormel Foods reached approximately 1,120 million U.S. dollars.
Global Workforce of Hormel Foods (2012-2021)
The timeline displays the global workforce of Hormel Foods from 2012 to 2021. Hormel Foods had around 20,000 employees as of October 2021.
Hormel Foods Corporation 20 By 30 Challenge
Hormel will continue to lead corporate responsibility by aiming to reach 20 corporate responsibility goals before 2030. These new goals are a continuation of their previously set goals which saw significant reductions in packaging, water use, non-renewable energy, greenhouse gas emissions, and solid waste sent to landfills. The robust key topics assessment process, which identifies and prioritizes topics that are most important to Hormel’s business and all the stakeholders, was the basis for the company’s new goals. They also wanted to establish goals that would support the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The 20 quantitative and qualitative goals & commitments for 2030 are mentioned below:
- Continue to offer convenient, high-quality products that are affordable and meet a wide variety of consumer needs and preferences.
- Continue to promote clean-label and reduce sodium and added sugars in products.
- Each year, achieve 15% sales from new products.
- Ensure that all employees are trained to handle animals with respect throughout the supply chain.
- Pilot an antibiotic reporting and measurement system to improve the company’s antibiotic stewardship efforts.
- Increase annual purchasing spending with diverse and small businesses.
- Renewable sourcing can match 100% of energy consumption.
- Climate leadership can be demonstrated by setting a science-based goal (SBT), to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 2023.
- The top six priority watersheds are key to advancing water stewardship efforts.
- To reduce energy consumption, and greenhouse gas emissions, and improve water quality in our streams, Hormel must reduce organic waste discharged from manufacturing plants by 10%.
- To support regenerative agricultural initiatives.
- To focus on packaging sustainability through research, innovation, and on-package communication.
- To work towards ZERO wastage of food.
- To promote and protect human rights throughout operations as well as the supply chain.
- All high school graduates of the team at Hormel can receive a two-year free college education.
- To foster a sense of belonging for all, Hormel empowers them with opportunities, equitable treatment, and a voice to make Hormel Foods better. The company also aims to increase the number of women in salaried jobs by 25% and the number of underrepresented racial/ethnic minorities in those positions by 25% by 2025.
- To provide a safe environment for the team members, and also reduce the number of injuries/illnesses each year.
- Each team member should receive at least 25 hours of training annually.
- Through product and cash donations, provide the equivalent of 70 billion meals for those in greatest need.
- Share blueprints and results globally to create a food-secure community program.
- The Happy Little Plants brand was announced by the company as the official partner for The World Pizza Champion 2022 in February.
- The company introduced Hormel chili with beans made from plant-based chili. This product is sure to please both chili lovers and plant lovers.
- The company’s latest innovation, Hormel plant-based chili, with beans, was announced in April. This product is sure to please both chili lovers and plant lovers.
- The company partners with New England Linebacker Donta Hightower in February to spice up game-day entertaining with two delicious recipes.
- The company announced in December that its venture capital division has been launched.
- Forbes ranked the company among the Top 50 Female-Friendly Businesses in the World, in December.
- The company reached an agreement with Kraft Heinz Company in February to acquire Planters.
- Hormel and Orsted reached an agreement in March to purchase power from the Haystack Wind project, which is 298 MW.
- In February, Perfect Plate was launched by the company. It offers a simple and touch-free experience for consumers.
- Hormel Gatherings was expanded in February with the introduction of Hormel pretzel bites as well as a cheese tray.
- In April, the company launched a new brand, TRES COCINAS, which is the first foodservice-exclusive brand from MegaMex Foods.
- The company released a new turkey burger flavor, Jennie-O, in May. These burgers are made from white meat turkey and whole grain rice.
- The company entered into a partnership with The Better Meat Co in October to launch new mycoprotein products and plant-based protein products.
- The company also announced in November the launch of HORMEL BLUE LABEL Bacon Wrapping Paper.
- In November, the company ranked No. 32 on Military Times Best for Vets: Employers 2021 list.
- The company announced in August that a new line containing plant-based ingredient solutions was available for food producers across the country.
- Sadler’s Smokehouse was acquired by the company in February. It is a provider of pit-smoked meats and other food services to customers.
- In June, Hormel announced the opening of a health center for employees and their families.
- The acquisition of Sadler’s Smokehouse was completed by the company in March.
- MegaMex Foods, the company joint venture, unveiled a new corporate logo in February.
- The company announced in December that it had opened a new production plant in Papillion, Nebraska.