Pernod Ricard Group is a company founded by Perrier-Jouet in 1975. It is headquartered in Paris, France. Pernod Ricard is an autonomous group that consists of a global flagship in France and independent affiliates, brand companies, and market firms worldwide. A French company, which is the most famous for its anise pastis aperitifs Pernod Anise or Ricard Pastis. It is the second-largest producer of spirits and wine in the world.
The Group represents 240 premium brand names in more than 160 countries with a total number of employees of 18,500. Pernod Ricard SA produces wines, spirits, non-alcoholic drinks, and other beverages. The company produces alcohol under the brands such as Absolut Vodka. Maison Perrier-Jouët & Brancott Estate, Royal Salute. Graffigna. Campo Viejo. Jacob’s Creek. Kenwood & others.
The company categorizes its business into five product categories: Strategic International Brands, Strategic Local Brands; Specialties; Strategic Wines, and Other Products. The company produces top-quality spirits under the Strategic International Brands umbrella. Beefeater is one of the major international brands. The Strategic International Brands, which made up 62.8% of the company’s total revenue in FY2021, reported revenue of EUR5,544million. Strategic Local Brands are brands that are deeply rooted in specific markets. The leading local spirit brands are 100 pipers (Imperial Blue), Kahlua and Kahlua), ARARAT, Olmeca, and Pastis 51. The Strategic Local Brands accounted for 17.9% of the company’s FY2021, with revenue of EUR1,576 million.
Pernod Ricard Group is the Strategic Wines division. The company produces different varieties of wine under the brands Jacob’s Creek Campo Viejo Brancott estate, Kenwood, and Campo Viejo. Strategic Wines had revenue of EUR425 million in FY2021, accounting for 4.8%. The company’s Specialty brand sells authentic crafts products. Suze and Malfy are the company’s major specialty brands. In FY2021, Specialty generated EUR472million, accounting for 5.3%. Other Products generated 9.1% of the company’s revenue in FY2021. Their revenue was EUR807 million. The company categorizes its business into three regions: The Americas (with Asia/Rest of the World), Europe, and Europe. Asia/the Rest of the World was responsible for 41.3% of the company’s revenue in FY2021, followed by Europe (29%), the Americas (29%), and the Americas (29.8%).
Pernod Ricard Net Sales worldwide 2016-2021
Pernod’s worldwide net sales increased by 6% between 2016 – 2019 before declining 8 percent in 2020. The sales growth for 2021 was 4.45% to 8,800 Million euros, i.e., 9,405.35 Million USD.
Net Sales of Pernod Ricard Worldwide in 2021, By Region
Pernod Ricard’s worst-performing region in 2021 was the Americas. Pernod Ricard’s net sales in the Americas were 2.63 billion euros, compared to Europe’s 2.56 billion and Asia’s 3.6 billion.
Pernod Ricard Net Sales Worldwide in 2021, by Brand
Pernod Ricard’s Strategic International Brands represents the majority of their business shares.
- In January, the company launched a new Beefeater brand flavor.
- In January, Pernod Ricard released the latest packaging activation to promote its Absolut Vodka brand in Britain.
- Pernod Ricard agreed to acquire a majority stake in Chateau Sainte Marguerite in March.
- Alexander Stein bought a majority stake at Societe des Produits d’Armagnac in December.
- In March, Pernod Ricard’s agreed to acquire a majority stake in the Colombian rum brand La Hechicera.
- Pernod Ricard India partnered with Altizon Inc. in July to deliver the IIoT-led Digital Factory project.
- Pernod Ricard published A Perfect Blend, a podcast, in June.
- In September, Pernod Ricard acquired a minority stake in Sovereign Brands, a wine and spirits company.
- In September, Pernod Ricard’s agreed to acquire The Whisky Exchange, a spirit online and physical retailer.
- In September, Pernod Ricard acquired a minority stake in The Horse’s Spirit Company GmbH.
- Pernod Ricard invested $2.5 million in Abasolo Ancestral Corn Whisky.
Pernod Ricard at a Glance
- Pernod Ricard’s is the world’s premium spirit manufacturing organization
- Pernod Ricard’s Group distributes its brands in 160 + countries
- The industry had reduced 17.5% CO2 emissions since FY10
- The industry has reduced 27% water consumption since FY10
- The gender pay gap reduced to 1.8%
- Pernod Ricard’s Group has 94 production sites in 24 countries.
- The company operates its business in Europe, the Middle East & Africa, Asia & Pacific, the Americas