Global Automation and Control System in Healthcare Market By Types (Diagnostics and Monitoring Automation, Therapeutic Automation, Pharmacy and Laboratory Automation, Medical Logistics & Training Automation), By End-Use (Hospitals & Diagnostic Centers, Research Laboratories & Institutes, Pharmacies, Home/Ambulatory Care Settings), By Region and Key Companies - Industry Segment Outlook, Market Assessment, Competition Scenario, Trends and Forecast 2023-2032
- Published date: July 2023
- Report ID: 71102
- Number of Pages: 265
The automation and control system is the integration of technology and control systems to reduce the requirement of individual work or human intervention for the production of goods or services. Automation substitutes human involvement by using logical programming commands and powerful machines. Automation is affecting different sectors such as Industrial Automation, Robotic Automation, Computer-Aided manufacturing, and others. Industrial Automation is a kind of automation that replaces human thinking with computers and devices. It can be defined as the use of set technologies and control devices that is responsible for the automatic operation and control of industrial processes devoid of any human intervention and attaining superior performance. These devices used for automation include PLCs, PCs, PACs, etc.
Over the years, automation in the healthcare sector has started to digitize its critical operational and patient-related data. Digitization has resulted in instant access to information. With the help of digitization, data sharing has become convenient as well as less complicated. Automation in healthcare has helped to improve the efficiencies of patient outcomes. Advanced automated services have revolutionized the healthcare sector. Automation of services has enabled organizations to serve a broad range of patients. Appointment scheduling and reminders through an automated platform will allow the staff to focus on patient care. This can be achieved through the use of automation to develop appointment solutions.
Automation in healthcare has assisted in improving the efficiencies of patient treatments. There are several automated products and solutions developed by companies that are connecting the entire enterprise. Automation has enabled organizations to aid a broad range of patients. Data automation is the primary area where automation is used in the healthcare industry. Data automation refers to the process of assimilation, storage, and analysis of data using data programming. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a new automation process that is used in the healthcare industry. It is a process that combines machine learning and AI for effectively handling tasks. The process can be used by the organizations to collect and translate transactional data of the patients into meaningful, actionable formats and also systematize compliance processes for the hospitals.
Increasing research and development activities and outsourcing of pharmaceutical companies are some factors expected to drive the growth of automation and control system market in pharmaceutical as well as the biotech industry. Also, the increasing adoption of advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Machine Learning, Medical imaging, and others is projected to fuel operational efficiency, decrease the cost of operation, and further enhance business productivity. The FDA Commissioner is also undertaking several plans to modernize drug production and use an innovative device to minimize expenses. Through automation, data collection and analysis and the discovery of new products will become much easier. This could drive the growth of automation in the healthcare market.
Automation can help healthcare providers provide alerts, monitor, and prioritize the data. Predictive analysis can also be used to automate thus ensuring that the system continuously learns ways to detect as well as eliminate security concerns.
Stringent regulatory procedures lead to delays in the launching of healthcare-related products or services, product recall, as well as high costs related to the use of automated solutions are some of the major factors that are expected to hamper growth of the target market.
Healthcare analytics and revenue cycle management software are the topmost areas where automation and control are used in the Healthcare sector. Automation in medical technology also includes precision medicine, robotics and the use of smart wearables, which is expected to grow by 5% this year. The sales are expected to register US$ 800 billion by 2030. With a favorable government framework and high acceptance of healthcare automation in therapeutic automation and diagnostics, the North America automation and control system in the healthcare market is rapidly adopting this technology. Growing demand for automation is expected to drive growth over the forecast period. Whereas, Market in Europe is expected to hold a major share in the target market due to the focus on improving the healthcare sector in terms of quality as well as efficiency.
Some of the major players involved in the global healthcare automation market are Siemens, General Electric Company, Tecan Group, Swisslog Holding, Stryker Corporation, Koninklijke Philips, Danaher Corporation, Intuitive Surgical, and Medtronic.
Based on types
- Diagnostics and Monitoring Automation
- Therapeutic Automation
- Pharmacy and Laboratory Automation
- Medical Logistics & Training Automation
Based on End-User
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Centers
- Research Laboratories & Institutes
- Home/Ambulatory Care Settings & Others
- General Electric Company
- Tecan Group
- Swisslog Holding
- Stryker Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips
- Danaher Corporation
- Intuitive Surgical
- Other Major players
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)What is automation and control in healthcare?
Automation and control in healthcare refers to using technology to automate processes within healthcare services and facilities, from robotic surgery tools and record management software all the way up to robot-assisted surgery procedures. Automation helps increase efficiency, accuracy and safety across healthcare industry operations.What are the benefits of automation and control in healthcare?
Automation and control in healthcare offer many advantages, among them being:
What are the challenges of automation and control in healthcare?
- Automation increases efficiency: Automation can assist in streamlining processes and reduce manual intervention needs, freeing staff time to focus on other duties such as providing patient care.
- Increase accuracy: Automation can assist healthcare facilities in reducing mistakes by verifying patient identity and dosage information automatically. Automated systems could even serve to verify identifications of medical practitioners as they perform procedures on patients.
- Improved Patient Safety: Automation can aid in increasing patient safety. For example, automated systems can monitor patients in real time and notify staff about potential problems as soon as they arise.
- Improved patient care: Automation can enhance patient care by freeing up staff time and decreasing errors - leading to enhanced outcomes for patients.
There are also some challenges associated with automation and control in healthcare. Some of the key challenges include:
What are the future trends in automation and control in healthcare?
- Cost: Automation can be expensive to implement and maintain.
- Resistance to change: Some healthcare workers may be resistant to change and may not be comfortable with using automated systems.
- Data security: Automation can introduce new security risks, as sensitive patient data is often processed by automated systems.
The future of automation and control in healthcare is bright. As technology continues to advance, we can expect to see even more automation in healthcare in the years to come. Some of the key trends to watch for include:
- Increased use of robotics: Robots are becoming increasingly sophisticated and are being used in a wider range of healthcare applications.
- Growth of big data analytics: Big data analytics is being used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare systems.
- Development of artificial intelligence (AI): AI is being used to develop new healthcare applications, such as chatbots that can provide patient support.
| Single User|
USD / per unit
| Multi User|
USD / per unit
| Corporate User|
USD / per unit
|Report Library Access|
|Data Set (Excel)|
|Company Profile Library Access|
|Free Custumization||No||up to 10 hrs work||up to 30 hrs work|
|Accessibility||1 User||2-5 User||Unlimited|
|Analyst Support||up to 20 hrs||up to 40 hrs||up to 50 hrs|
|Benefit||Up to 20% off on next purchase||Up to 25% off on next purchase||Up to 30% off on next purchase|
|Buy Now ($ 3,499)||Buy Now ($ 4,299)||Buy Now ($ 4,999)|