Global Email Marketing Market By Deployment (On-Premises, On Cloud), By Industry Vertical ( Hospitality and Travel, Entertainment and Media, Logistics and Transportation, Beverages and Food, Telecom and IT, Education), By Component ( Services, Solutions), By Organizations Size, By Region, and Key Companies - Industry Segment Outlook, Market Assessment, Competition Scenario, Trends and Forecast 2023-2032
- Published date: July 2023
- Report ID: 48508
- Number of Pages: 266
Email marketing is a powerful digital marketing strategy that involves sending targeted emails to a group of individuals, commonly known as subscribers or customers. These emails can be informative, promotional, or even transactional in nature. The primary goal of email marketing is to build and nurture relationships with customers while promoting products, services, or brand awareness.
The email marketing industry is experiencing rapid growth, with its global market size reaching a substantial USD 7 billion in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 18.8% from 2022 to 2030. Experts predict that this upward trend will continue, and by the year 2032, the market is projected to soar to an impressive USD 37.5 billion. The growth of the market is being driven by the increasing use of email by businesses to reach their customers, the growing popularity of mobile email, and the increasing demand for personalized email.
- The global email marketing market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.8%
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to be the fastest-growing market for email marketing.
- The email marketing market is dominated by a few major players, including Zoho, Wix and Adobe
- Automation tools have enhanced the efficiency and effectiveness of email marketing.
- Personalization and segmentation are becoming increasingly critical for successful email campaigns.
- Email marketing remains an essential and effective channel for businesses to reach their target audience directly.
The growing popularity of email marketing can be attributed to several factors that have made it a preferred choice among marketers:
- Automation: Email marketing platforms now offer automation features, allowing businesses to schedule and send emails at optimal times or based on specific triggers. Automation streamlines the process, saves time, and ensures timely delivery of content.
- Mobile Accessibility: With the widespread use of smartphones and tablets, email marketing has become even more accessible. Marketers optimize their emails for mobile viewing to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Integration with Other Channels: Email marketing easily integrates with other digital marketing channels such as social media and content marketing, creating a cohesive and consistent brand presence.
- Enhanced Deliverability: Advancements in email deliverability tools and practices have helped businesses improve inbox placement rates, ensuring that their messages reach the intended recipients.
Top 5 Trends Propelling Sales
- The increasing use of mobile email
- The increasing demand for personalized email
- The growing popularity of email automation
- The increasing use of email marketing by small and medium-sized businesses
- The increasing adoption of email marketing by businesses in emerging markets
Value Chain Analysis
A value chain analysis of the email marketing market shows it consists of many players, such as email service providers, software vendors and agencies that collaborate together to offer businesses all they require for successful email campaigns – from tools and services through to full implementation and execution of campaigns.
- Businesses’ increasing use of email to reach customers: Email remains one of the primary ways that businesses reach out to their customer base; 91% of consumers check their emails daily according to one recent study – giving businesses ample opportunity to reach out via this method of marketing.
- Growing mobile device usage: More people than ever before are accessing the web via mobile phones or devices such as smartwatches; businesses should ensure their email marketing strategies take this trend into account and optimize campaigns specifically for these mobile platforms.
- Increasing adoption of email marketing automation software: Email marketing automation software provides businesses with a way to automate their email campaigns, saving both time and money while improving results from these campaigns.
- An ever-increasing demand for tailored email marketing campaigns: Customers tend to engage more readily with campaigns tailored to their interests; businesses must use data in their email marketing to customize these emails appropriately and maximize customer response rates.
- Increased use of email marketing for lead generation and customer retention: Email marketing has proven an extremely effective method of reaching leads and customers alike, due to being a direct and personal means of communicating.
- Spam: One of the biggest obstacles facing email marketing today is spam. Unwanted messages sent without anyone’s knowledge may include unsolicited mail that contains malware or phishing links – sending spam can be annoying at best and dangerous at worst!
- Regulation: Email marketing campaigns in many countries must abide by certain rules and regulations when sending email campaigns. As these can vary depending on where they take place, businesses need to remain aware of which laws pertain to email marketing in their particular jurisdiction.
- Cost: Email marketing can be costly for businesses. There are fees related to software licensing and maintenance as well as campaign costs associated with email lists. Businesses should carefully assess these expenses prior to initiating campaigns.
- Return on investment: Email marketing makes measuring return on investment (ROI) difficult due to difficulty tracking who opens and clicks the emails as well as taking desired actions, like making purchases.
- Growth of Mobile Market: Businesses must recognize that the mobile market is rapidly growing. Therefore, ensure their email marketing campaigns are optimized for use on mobile devices for maximum effectiveness.
- Email marketing adoption by small and mid-sized businesses: As small and midsized businesses increasingly adopt email marketing, their market for services and software grows significantly.
- Personalized email marketing campaigns: Consumers tend to respond more favorably when emails tailored specifically for them are opened and engaged with, giving businesses a growing opportunity to use data in this regard in their email marketing campaigns.
- Email marketing as a form of social media promotion: Businesses increasingly turn to email marketing in order to promote social media content and increase reach and engagement on these networks.
- Email marketing faces stiff competition from other channels: These channels include social media marketing, search engine marketing and paid ads – which all compete directly against email marketing.
- Customers’ growing concerns over data privacy and security: Customers are becoming more conscious of their data privacy and security; as a result, businesses must exercise caution when collecting or using customer data.
- Always keeping abreast of email marketing trends: As the email marketing landscape is ever-evolving, businesses must adapt to current trends to remain successful in this arena.
Larger Role In Businesses
- Lead Generation: Email marketing can be an extremely efficient means of lead generation. By targeting their messages towards specific groups of recipients, businesses increase the odds that people sign up for their services or products.
- Customer Retention: Email marketing can also help businesses to retain customers by sending regular updates regarding products or services; doing so keeps customers engaged with what’s offered, which keeps customers coming back for more.
- Upselling and cross-selling: Email marketing can also be utilized as an upselling or cross-selling method among existing customers, by sending targeted emails containing offers of related goods or services that could increase average order values of existing orders.
- Brand awareness: Email marketing can also help businesses raise brand recognition with email. By sending emails with interesting or exclusive offers, businesses can increase brand exposure. This increases brand recognition.
Here are some specific examples of how email marketing has played a larger role in businesses:
- Amazon: Amazon uses email marketing to generate leads, retain customers, and upsell and cross-sell products or services. For example, Amazon sends emails to customers who have abandoned their carts with reminders to complete their purchases. Amazon also sends emails to customers who have purchased products with recommendations for other products that they might be interested in.
- Netflix: Netflix uses email marketing to promote new content and remind customers to renew their subscriptions. For example, Netflix sends emails to customers who have not watched a certain show in a while with a reminder that the show is still available to watch. Netflix also sends emails to customers who are nearing the end of their subscription with a reminder to renew.
- Shopify: Shopify uses email marketing to promote its services to businesses. For example, Shopify sends emails to businesses that have not yet signed up for its services with a free trial offer. Shopify also sends emails to businesses that are already using its services with tips and tricks on how to get the most out of the platform.
The uses of email marketing have evolved beyond basic promotional messages, opening up a world of possibilities for businesses:
- Newsletters and Updates: Email newsletters are an effective way for businesses to share valuable content, industry insights, and company updates with their subscribers regularly.
- Promotional Campaigns: Email marketing remains a popular choice for running promotional campaigns, offering exclusive deals, discounts, and limited-time offers to drive sales and create a sense of urgency.
- Customer Onboarding: Email onboarding sequences help new customers get acquainted with a brand, its products, and its services. These sequences nurture relationships and can lead to long-term loyalty.
- Lead Nurturing: Email marketing serves as a valuable tool for nurturing leads at various stages of the sales funnel. Businesses can send targeted content to prospects, guiding them through the decision-making process.
- On Cloud
By Industry Vertical
- Hospitality and Travel
- Entertainment and Media
- Logistics and Transportation
- Beverages and Food
- Telecom and IT
By Organisations Size
- Medium-Sized Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
- Small Enterprises
- North America
- Rest of the World
- Xert Communications
- Act-On Software
- Constant Contact
- Mailchimp launches new AI-powered tools: Mailchimp, an email marketing platform widely utilized by businesses today released several AI-powered tools designed to create more efficient email campaigns for business clients. These include:
- Smart Send: With this tool, businesses are able to send emails at optimal times to reach subscribers and maintain engagement.
- Personalized Subject Lines: With this tool, businesses can craft email subject lines more likely to get opened by their recipients.
- Recommendations: Businesses can utilize this tool to recommend products or services based on subscribers’ past purchase history.
- Google Launches New Email Privacy Features: On Thursday, Google announced several new email privacy features such as:
- Mail Privacy Protection: This feature protects users’ privacy by concealing their IP addresses and disallowing senders to track if or when their emails have been opened by recipients.
- Simplified email tracking: With this feature, it becomes simpler for users to understand how their emails are being tracked.
- Apple introduces Mail Privacy Protection: Apple unveiled a new feature called Mail Privacy Protection which helps safeguard users’ privacy by blocking senders from tracking emails that have been opened by recipients.
- Iterable launches new omnichannel marketing platform: Iterable is a leading email marketing platform and has announced its latest omnichannel platform combining email, SMS and push notifications into one system that allows businesses to create personalized and engaging marketing campaigns across multiple channels. This gives businesses greater control and allows more personalized campaign creation across various media.
- HubSpot launches new email marketing automation features: HubSpot, the industry-leading CRM platform, recently unveiled new email marketing automation features. These include:
- Triggered emails: Automatic emails sent automatically upon certain user actions such as abandoning a cart or opening an email are known as trigger emails.
- Segmented emails: These emails target specific groups based on their interests or demographics.
- Customized emails: Each personalized email sent by this provider is tailor-made specifically to the user based on past purchases or website activity.
For the Email Marketing Market research study, the following years have been considered to estimate the market size:
Attribute Report Details
Short Term Projection Year
Long Term Projection Year
Competitive Landscape, Revenue analysis, Company Share Analysis, Manufacturers Analysis, Volume by Manufacturers, Key Segments, Key company analysis, Market Trends, Distribution Channel, Market Dynamics, COVID-19 Impact Analysis, strategy for existing players to grab maximum market share, and more.
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa
United States, Canada and Mexico, Germany, France, UK, Russia and Italy, China, Japan, Korea, India and Southeast Asia, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia etc.Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the process of sending commercial messages, typically to a group of people who have agreed to receive them. Email marketing is a form of direct marketing, and it is one of the most popular digital marketing channels.What are the Benefits of Email Marketing?
Email marketing has a number of benefits, including:
How do I Create an Effective Email Marketing Campaign?
- High ROI: Email marketing has a high return on investment (ROI). Studies have shown that email marketing can generate up to $38 for every dollar spent.
- Measurable results: Email marketing results are easy to measure. You can track the number of emails sent, the number of emails opened, the number of emails clicked, and the number of conversions.
- Personalized messages: Email marketing allows you to send personalized messages to your subscribers. This can help you to increase open rates and click-through rates.
- Targeted audience: Email marketing allows you to target your messages to a specific audience. This can help you to increase engagement and conversions.
Here are some tips for creating an effective email marketing campaign:
What are the Latest Trends in Email Marketing?
- Start with a strong email list: Your email list is the foundation of your email marketing campaign. Make sure that you have a list of subscribers who are interested in what you have to offer.
- Segment your list: Segment your list by interests, demographics, or purchase history. This will help you to send more relevant and targeted messages.
- Personalize your messages: Personalize your messages as much as possible. This will help to increase open rates and click-through rates.
- Use a clear call to action: Tell your subscribers what you want them to do, whether it's to click on a link, make a purchase, or sign up for your newsletter.
- Track your results: Track your results so that you can see what's working and what's not. This will help you to improve your email marketing campaigns over time.
Here are some of the latest trends in email marketing:
What are the Best Email Marketing Software Platforms?
- Personalization: Personalization is becoming increasingly important in email marketing. Businesses are using data to personalize their email campaigns, and this is leading to higher open rates and click-through rates.
- Mobile: More and more people are using mobile devices to access email. This means that businesses need to make sure that their email campaigns are optimized for mobile devices.
- Automation: Email automation is becoming increasingly popular. Businesses are using automation to send triggered emails, such as abandoned cart emails or welcome emails.
- Video: Video is becoming increasingly popular in email marketing. Businesses are using video to engage their subscribers and drive traffic to their websites.
Sure, here are some of the best email marketing software platforms:
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp is a popular email marketing platform that is easy to use and affordable.
- Constant Contact: Constant Contact is another popular email marketing platform that offers a number of features, including segmentation and automation.
- HubSpot: HubSpot is a CRM platform that also offers email marketing features. HubSpot is a good option for businesses that want to integrate their email marketing with their CRM data.
- AWeber: AWeber is a good option for businesses that are looking for a platform with a lot of features and support.
- Sendinblue: Sendinblue is a good option for businesses that are looking for an affordable email marketing platform with a lot of features.
- Oracle Corporation Company Profile
- Xert Communications
- International Business Machines Corporation Company Profile
- Microsoft Corporation Company Profile
- Act-On Software
- Constant Contact
| Single User|
USD / per unit
| Multi User|
USD / per unit
| Corporate User|
USD / per unit
|Report Library Access|
|Data Set (Excel)|
|Company Profile Library Access|
|Free Custumization||No||up to 10 hrs work||up to 30 hrs work|
|Accessibility||1 User||2-5 User||Unlimited|
|Analyst Support||up to 20 hrs||up to 40 hrs||up to 50 hrs|
|Benefit||Up to 20% off on next purchase||Up to 25% off on next purchase||Up to 30% off on next purchase|
|Buy Now ($ 3,499)||Buy Now ($ 4,299)||Buy Now ($ 4,999)|