Abbott Laboratories Statistics and Facts: This is an American pharmaceutical company that creates, produces, and markets a wide variety of health products. Abbott is a leader in global healthcare and helps people live fuller lives at all ages. Its portfolio of life-changing technologies encompasses leading businesses and products from diagnostics, nutritional devices, and generic medicine. Abbott sells its products under many brand names such as Alinity, Heptral, Similac, etc. 113,000 of the company’s colleagues have helped to serve more than 160 countries. The company sells its products directly through wholesalers, retailers, and health care facilities to consumers, wholesalers as well as third-party distributors to government agencies, government agencies, health care institutions, government agencies, third party distributors, blood banks, commercial laboratories, clinics for doctors, offices of government agencies, ambulatory surgical centers, and blood banks. It also has manufacturing facilities worldwide. The company sells products in North America as well as Latin America. The company’s headquarters are in Abbott Park (IL), the US.
Abbott is dedicated to fulfilling human potential in all places and in all stages of life. They believe health is the key to fulfilling this promise, due to the capability of accomplishing anything when their health is at its best. The company will continue to strive for optimal health and wellness at all stages of life. This belief is what employees of Abbott live by every day. They are here to help people in pursuit of healthy lives.
Abbott promotes cutting-edge science, technology, and research that can make a significant impact on health and the practice and delivery of health care. They value diversity, including products, technology, and people. The companies believe that shared goals and diverse perspectives can lead to new ideas and better ways of addressing health issues. It focuses on exceptional performance, a hallmark of Abbott people around the World. Abbott ensures success, both for the business as well as the people that the company serves, by sticking to the key principles upon which Abbott was founded more than a century back: innovative care and a desire to be meaningful in all that they do.
Abbott Laboratories-Revenue (2004-2021)
This graph shows the revenue of Abbott, a medical device and pharmaceutical company from 2004 through 2021. Abbott had 43,000 million U.S. dollars in revenue in 2021.
Abbott Laboratories- Country Revenue (2017-2021)
This data lists Abbott’s worldwide revenues, sorted alphabetically by country. Abbot was a U.S.-based global pharmacy and healthcare product company.
Abbott Laboratories Revenue- The US (2006-2021)
This graph shows U.S. revenues for pharmaceutical company Abbott between 2006 and 2021. Abbott Laboratories has generated more than 16,000 million U.S. Dollars in U.S. revenue by 2021.
Abbott Laboratories Nutritional Segment Revenue (2018-2021)
This data shows Abbott Laboratories’ revenue for the Nutritionals segment between 2018 and 2021, broken up by category. In 2021, approximately 2.1 million U.S. dollars were generated by the International Pediatric Nutritionals Segment.
Abbott’s Diagnostics Segment Revenue (2018-2021)
This graph shows Abbott Laboratories’ revenue for the Diagnostics segment between 2018 and 2021, broken up by category. This segment’s Rapid Diagnostics section generated about 8,500 million U.S. dollars in 2021. This incredible growth was due to increased demand for the COVID-19 tests during this year.
Abbott’s Medical Devices Segment Revenue (2021)
This data shows Abbott Laboratories’ revenue for the Medical Devices section from 2018-to 2021, broken down into categories. This segment’s Electrophysiology category generated about 1,900 million U.S. dollars in 2021.
Abbott Laboratories Net Earnings (2006-2021)
This graph displays the net earnings of Abbott Laboratories from 2006 through 2021. Abbott Laboratories had net earnings of 7,000 million dollars in 2021.
Abbott Laboratories Operating Expenses (2014-2021)
This graph shows the total operating expenses and costs of Abbott, a pharmaceutical company and medical technology, from 2014 through 2021. Abbott spent 34,600 million U.S. Dollars on operating expenses and costs in 2021.
Abbott’s Number of Employees (2014-2021)
This figure shows the number and age of workers at Abbott Medical Technology from 2014 through 2021. Abbott employed approximately 113,000 people as of December 31, 2021.
Abbott’s Total Assets (2014-2021)
This is Abbott’s total assets from 2014 to 2021. Abbott reported total assets in excess of 75,000 million U.S. dollars for 2021.
- United Airlines and Abbott partnered together in May to provide COVID testing kits for international passengers at home.
- Abbott received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration in August for its Amplatzer Amulet Leave Atrial Appendage Occluder. It is intended to treat patients with atrial fibrillation and those at risk of suffering an ischemic stroke.
- Abbott bought Walk Vascular LLC, which was a commercial-stage medical device company, in September.
- Abbott received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration in September for Amplatzer Talisman PFO Occlusion System. This system is used to treat people who have a patent foramen.
- Abbott formed a partnership with Insulet Corporation in February to deliver personalized insulin for diabetics.
- Abbott Laboratories has announced that a new molecular test will be available to detect the coronavirus
- In March, the company released a COVID-19 test that detects coronavirus in just 5 minutes.
- The company launched its third COVID-19 lab-based blood test to detect IgG antibodies in April.
- Abbott signed an agreement in June with Tandem Diabetes Care for the development of an integrated diabetes solution that will simplify and tailor diabetes management.
- Abbott and Quanterix Corp reached a royalty-bearing agreement in October to share a portfolio of patents based on bead technology for Vitro diagnostics.
Awards and Achievements:
- Three Abbott technologies were named 2021 world-changing ideas: MUAC-z tape for malnutrition assessment, BinaxNOW Ag Card for binanutrition, and FreeStyle Libre 2. These three technologies were recognized by Fast Company as the World-Changing Company of 2020.
- Fortune magazine named Abbott as one of the World’s Most Admired Corporations every year since 1984. They are currently ranked no. 1 in their industry for nine consecutive years (2014-2022).
- For strong performance in environmental, social, and governance (ESG), Abbott has been on DJSI for 17 years consecutively.
- Abbott was named Blue Ribbon company for its inclusion on four of Fortune’s most prestigious rankings in 2021.
- Abbot has been in science magazine’s Top 20 Employers List 17 times. The most recent was in 2020.
- Abbott is a certified “Great Place to Work” in America and Fortune honored it as one of 18 “best workplaces” for 100,000+ employees.
- For consecutive years, Diversity Inc. has listed Abbott as one of the Top Companies for Diversity from 2004 to 2020.
- Working Mother magazine has named Abbott a 100 Best Company for 20 consecutive years; the National Association for Female Executives recognizes us as a top executive company for 12 consecutive years.
- Popular Science’s Best of What’s New and The Scientist’s Top 10 Innovations of 2020 honor Abbott. Chicago Innovation Awards, ChicagoInno’s Inno on fire, and Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas recognize Abbott’s rapid development of COVID-19 testing.
- Prix Galien, which is the industry equivalent of the Nobel Prize, awarded MitraClip the Best Medical Technology in 2020.
- Chicago Innovation Awards awarded to a revolutionary occluder in aid of preemie babies suffering from congenital heart defects.
- Abbott has been named the global healthcare industry group leader for eight consecutive years (2013 to 2020) because of its strong economic and social performance.
- 3BL Media has named Abbott as one of the top 100 companies in 12 consecutive years (2009 to 2020) and the Healthcare sector leader for 2017.
- Fortune magazine featured the company on their 2020 Change the World list. This list honors companies that create shared value and make a positive social impact through their core businesses.
- Fortune’s 50 Most Admired Companies 2021 lists Abbott at 42. Their industry sector was No. 1 for the eighth consecutive year.