The Procter & Gamble Company Profile
The Procter & Gamble Company
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. David S. Taylor (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
Procter & Gamble Co. provides branded consumer packaged goods. The Cincinnati headquarters of the company is located in Ohio. It was founded in 1837 by James Gamble and William Procter. It operates in the following segments: Beauty, Health Care, Grooming, Feminine & Family Care Fabric & Home Care, and Baby, Feminine and Family Care sell diapers, baby wipes, and clothes, as well as adult incontinence, feminine and feminine care, and tissue paper.
The Health Care segment covers oral care products such as toothpaste and toothbrushes. It also includes personal health care like gastrointestinal, rapid diagnosis, respiratory, vitamins, minerals, supplements, and personal care. The Beauty segment provides personal, hair, and skincare.
Fabric and Home care include fabric enhancers, laundry detergents, and laundry additives, as well as air, dish, and surface care. Grooming includes razors for males and females, as well as pre and post-shave products and appliances. Bounty and Charmin are the top brands in the tissue paper market.
Revenue (US$ Mn)
- Procter & Gamble Co.’s annual revenue for 2021 was US$ 76,118 Mn, a 7.28% increase from 2020
- The annual revenue generated by Procter & Gamble Co. in 2020 was US$ 70,950 Mn
- At a 1.27% increase from, Procter & Gamble Co.’s annual revenue of US$ 67,684 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Procter & Gamble Co. generated total revenue of US$ 66,832 Mn in 2018
Operating Income(US$ Mn)
- US$ 17,986 Mn was the operating income generated by Procter & Gamble Co. in 2021
- Procter & Gamble Co.’s operating income for 2020 was US$ 15,706 Mn, a 186.24% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s operating incomes, Procter & Gamble Co. registered a -58.94% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 5,487 Mn
- An operating income of US$ 13,363 Mn was generated in 2018 by Procter & Gamble Co.
Net Income(US$ Mn)
- Procter & Gamble Co.’s net income for 2021 was US$ 14,306 Mn, a 9.82% increase from the 2020
- The net income generated by Procter & Gamble Co. in 2020 was US$ 13,027 Mn
- At a -60.03% decrease, Procter & Gamble Co.’s net income of US$ 3,897 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Procter & Gamble Co. generated a net income of US$ 9,750 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %
- Procter & Gamble Co.’s operating margin for 2021 was 24%, a 6.79% increase from 2020
- The operating margin generated by Procter & Gamble Co. in 2020 was 22%
- At a -0.49% decrease, Procter & Gamble Co.’s operating margin of 20% was indexed in 2019
- Procter & Gamble Co. generated an operating margin of 21% in 2018
Gross Margin %
- 51% was the gross margin generated by Procter & Gamble Co. in 2021
- Procter & Gamble Co.’s gross margin for 2020 was 50%, a 3.5% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s gross margins, Procter & Gamble Co. registered a -0.21% decrease in 2019, amounting to 49%
- A gross margin of 49% was generated in 2018 by Procter & Gamble Co.
Large Scale of Operations
P&G’s global operations are vast in both revenue and geographic presence. It has scale advantages across its brands, and businesses and can better serve its customers by optimizing its spending and streamlining its resources. The company can continuously improve its efficiency and productivity through its 23 US manufacturing plants.
It produces products in 17 US states. It also owns 82 manufacturing plants in 36 countries. Fabric and home care products can be made in 38 plants. Products for family, baby, and feminine care are made in 37 plants. 22 plants can be used to make beauty products. 18 plants can be used to make grooming products. 21 plants are available for health care products.
Get this premium content