TELUS Corporation Company Profile
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. Darren Entwistle (President & CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
TELUS Corporation, a telecommunications firm, is listed here. TELUS Corp. specializes in telecommunications services, including wireline voice and data products. It operates in two segments- Wireline and Wireless. The Wireline segment provides data solutions, including television, hosting internet protocol, and managed information technology. It also offers cloud-based services, business processes outsourcing, certain healthcare options, voice, and other telecommunications service sales.
The Wireless segment includes voice and data products for mobile technology. The company was established in Vancouver, Canada on October 4, 1990. TELUS Corporation announced in 2020 that TELUS International, an innovator in digital customer experience (CX), builds, designs, and delivers next-generation solutions to global and disruptive brands, had acquired Lionbridge AI.
Revenue (US$ Mn)
- US$ 16,838 Mn was the annual revenue generated by TELUS Corporation in 2021
- TELUS Corporation’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 15,341 Mn, a 4.66% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s annual revenues, TELUS Corporation registered a 2.02% increase in 2019, amounting to US$ 14,658 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 14,368 Mn was generated in 2018 by TELUS Corporation
Operating Income (US$ Mn)
- TELUS Corporation’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 3,074 Mn, a 23.85% increase from the 2020
- The operating income generated by TELUS Corporation in 2020 was US$ 2,482 Mn
- At a 4.93% increase from , TELUS Corporation’s operating income of US$ 2,977 Mn was indexed in 2019
- TELUS Corporation generated an operating income of US$ 2,837 Mn in 2018
Net Income (US$ Mn)
- US$ 1,698 Mn was the net income generated by TELUS Corporation in 2021
- TELUS Corporation’s net income for 2020 was US$ 1,260 Mn, a -27.84% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s net incomes, TELUS Corporation registered a 9.13% increase in 2019, amounting to US$ 1,746 Mn
- A net income of US$ 1,600 Mn was generated in 2018 by TELUS Corporation
Operating Margin %
- TELUS Corporation’s operating margin for 2021 was 18%, a 12.35% increase from 2020
- The operating margin generated by TELUS Corporation in 2020 was 16%
- At a 3.05% increase from , TELUS Corporation’s operating margin of 20% was indexed in 2019
- TELUS Corporation generated an operating margin of 20% in 2018
Strong market position
Telus is a strong player in the Canadian telecommunications market. It is one of Canada’s leading providers of telecommunications services. The company had 15.2 million customer connections as of December 2019. This included 10.2million wireless subscribers, 1.69 million internet subscribers, and 1.2million TV subscribers.
There were also 1.2million residential voice subscribers and 0.67 security subscribers. A strong brand value will be a distinguishing factor for the company and enable it to bring new products to market. Its market position is a strong brand asset that gives it a competitive edge over other competitors.
Get this premium content