Tata Steel Ltd. Company Profile
Tata Steel Ltd
- Key Management
Mr. Thachat Viswanath Narendran (CEO)
Tata Steel Ltd. engages in the production of iron and steel products is called Tata Steel Ltd. It has the following segments: Construction, Automotive steel, and Consumer Goods. Energy and Power, Engineering, and Material Handling are some of its key activities. Products include Automotive Steels and Galvano, Tata Agrico. Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata founded the company on August 26, 1907, and it is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- US$ 20,979 Mn was the annual revenue generated by Tata Steel Ltd. in 2021
- Tata Steel Ltd.’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 19,150 Mn, a -13.41% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s annual revenues, Tata Steel Ltd. registered a 16.48% increase in 2019, amounting to US$ 22,116 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 18,987 Mn was generated in 2018 by Tata Steel Ltd.
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- Tata Steel Ltd.’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 2,618 Mn, a 157.68% increase from the 2020
- The operating income generated by Tata Steel Ltd. in 2020 was US$ 1,016 Mn
- At a 26.88% increase from, Tata Steel Ltd.’s operating income of US$ 2,969 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Tata Steel Ltd. generated an operating income of US$ 2,340 Mn in 2018
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- US$ 1,005 Mn was the net income generated by Tata Steel Ltd. in 2021
- Tata Steel Ltd.’s net income for 2020 was US$ 213 Mn, a -85.14% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s net incomes, Tata Steel Ltd. registered a -25.75% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 1,433 Mn
- A net income of US$ 1,930 Mn was generated in 2018 by Tata Steel Ltd.
Operating Margin %:
- Tata Steel Ltd.’s operating margin for 2021 was 13%, a 135.85% increase from 2020
- The operating margin generated by Tata Steel Ltd. in 2020 was 5%
- At an 8.94% increase, Tata Steel Ltd.’s operating margin of 13% was indexed in 2019
- Tata Steel Ltd. generated an operating margin of 12% in 2018
Gross Margin %:
- 54% was the gross margin generated by Tata Steel Ltd. in 2021
- Tata Steel Ltd.’s gross margin for 2020 was 49%, a -6.98% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s gross margins, Tata Steel Ltd. registered a 0.57% increase in 2019, amounting to 53%
- A gross margin of 53% was generated in 2018 by Tata Steel Ltd.
Tata Steel’s market strength gives it an advantage in scale and increases its bargaining ability. India’s largest private-sector integrated steel company, Tata Steel is India’s largest. Tata Steel India produced 18.2 Million tonnes (MnT), of crude steel in FY2020. Tata Steel is the second largest global diversified steel producer.
According to World Steel Association, it is the ninth largest global steel producer based on its capacity. Tata Steel India’s ferroalloys and minerals division (FAMD), is the country’s largest non-steel unit and the nation’s leading producer of manganese alloys. It is also a major supplier of dolomite. Tata Steel Europe, Europe’s second-largest producer of steel, produced 10.26 MnT liquid steel in FY2020.
Get this premium content