Superior Plus Corp. Company Profile
Superior Plus Corp.
Superior Plus Corporation distributes propane, specialty chemicals, and construction products. It also offers fixed-price energy services. The company is divided into three segments: U.S. Propane Distribution, and Specialty Chemicals. The U.S. Propane Distribution Segment distributes and buys propane in Canada. Superior Gas Liquids, Canada, and the U.S. also provide wholesale portfolio management services.
The Canadian Propane Distribution Segment sells, buys, and distributes propane in Canada. Superior Gas Liquids Canada and the U.S. also provide wholesale portfolio management services. Superior Plus LP, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Superior Plus Corp. Superior Plus LP is the ERCO Worldwide division. The company can produce 10,000 MT of sodium chlorite per year.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- US$ 825 Mn was the annual revenue generated by Superior Plus Corporation in 2021
- Superior Plus Corporation’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 562 Mn, a -72% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s annual revenues, Superior Plus Corporation registered a 0% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 2,007 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 2,007 Mn was generated in 2018 by Superior Plus Corporation
Operating Income (US$ Mn)::
- Superior Plus Corporation’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 143 Mn, a -1.99% decrease from 2020
- The operating income generated by Superior Plus Corporation in 2020 was US$ 146 Mn
- At a 34.67% increase from , Superior Plus Corporation ‘s operating income of US$ 936 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Superior Plus Corporation generated an operating income of US$ 695 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %:
- US$ 17 Mn was the net income generated by Superior Plus Corporation in 2021
- Superior Plus Corporation’s net income for 2020 was US$ 26 Mn, a -76.45% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s net incomes, Superior Plus Corporation registered a -541.77% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 110 Mn
- A net income of US$ -25 Mn was generated in 2018 by Superior Plus Corporation
Gross Margin %:
- Superior Plus Corporation’s gross margin for 2021 was 49%, a 44.57% increase from 2020
- A gross margin generated by Superior Plus Corporation in 2020 was 34%
- At a 22.83% increase from , Superior Plus Corporation’s gross margin of 43% was indexed in 2019
- Superior Plus Corporation generated a gross margin of 35% in 2018
Diversified Business Operations
The company was able to diversify its business operations and reduce the risk of being dependent on one business. Superior Plus is a leading producer and supplier of propane, refined fuels, and specialty chemicals. It distributes propane in Canada, as well as refined fuels such as heating oil and liquid fuels, to clients in the US north-eastern region. The company’s refined fuels business is used to make a variety of home heating and water heating appliances.
It also serves as a fuel for motor cars. It offers value-added services such as storage, supply, logistics, risk management, and transportation services Superior Propane. The company sells a range of specialty chemicals, including sodium chlorate and chlorine, as well as potassium hydroxide and caustic soda. It also produces hydrogen by electrolysis. The company offers chlorine dioxide generators as well as associated technology to pulp-and-paper manufacturers around the world.
The chlorine dioxide generators use sodium chlorate as a primary feedstock to make chlorine dioxide, an environmentally friendly bleaching agent that is used in bleaching pulp. Superior Plus operates specialty chemical production plants in North and South America. It supplies sodium chlorate, Chlor-alkali, and potassium in North America as well as other countries.
Get this premium content