Panasonic Corporation Company Profile
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. Hirokazu Umeda (Chairman) (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
~ 49,196 (2021)(2021))
Panasonic Corporation is involved in the production, sale, and development of electrical products. The following segments are operated by the company: Appliances, Life Solutions, and Connected Solutions; Automotive, Industrial Solutions; and Others. The Appliances segment offers consumer electronics, including flat panels televisions and refrigerators, washing machines as well as microwave ovens, and video equipment.
The company also sells air conditioners, cold chains, metering devices, fuel cells, and metering devices. The Life Solutions segment is responsible for the manufacturing and sale of lighting fixtures, home automation systems, and ventilation equipment. Connected Solutions covers electronic component mounting systems and welding machines.
Projectors, commercial cameras, personal computers, tablets, and in-flight entertainment systems are all covered by the Connected Solutions segment. Automotive is a segment that deals with automotive electronics, including next-generation cockpit systems and navigation systems, camera modules, and onboard charging systems.
The Industrial Solutions segment sells electromechanical and control devices, liquid-crystal panels, motors, and primary batteries as well as rechargeable and rechargeable batteries. The Other segment is dedicated to the sale of raw materials. Konosuke Matsushita founded the company on March 7, 1918. It is located in Osaka (Japan).
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- Panasonic Corporation’s annual revenue for 2021 was US$ 49,196 Mn, a -21.78% decrease from 2020
- The annual revenue generated by Panasonic Corporation in 2020 was US$ 62,894 Mn
- At a -4.59% decrease, Panasonic Corporation’s annual revenue of US$ 68,981 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Panasonic Corporation generated total revenue of US$ 72,299 Mn in 2018
Operating Income(US$ Mn):
- Panasonic Corporation’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 1,915 Mn, a -21.78% decrease from 2020
- The operating income generated by Panasonic Corporation in 2020 was US$ 2,449 Mn
- At a -28.76% decrease, Panasonic Corporation’s operating income of US$ 2,680 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Panasonic Corporation generated an operating income of US$ 3,762 Mn in 2018
Net Income(US$ Mn):
- Panasonic Corporation’s net income for 2021 was US$ 1,212 Mn, a -21.78% decrease from 2020
- The net income generated by Panasonic Corporation in 2020 was US$ 1,550 Mn
- At a -19.03% decrease, Panasonic Corporation’s net income of US$ 2,079 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Panasonic Corporation generated a net income of US$ 2,567 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin % :
- Panasonic Corporation’s operating margin for 2021 was 4%, a -2.56% decrease from 2020
- The operating margin generated by Panasonic Corporation in 2020 was 4%
- At a -25% decrease, Panasonic Corporation’s operating margin of 4% was indexed in 2019
- Panasonic Corporation generated an operating margin of 5% in 2018
Gross Margin % :
- 2% was the gross margin generated by Panasonic Corporation in 2021
- Panasonic Corporation’s gross margin for 2020 was 2%, a -20% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s gross margins, Panasonic Corporation registered a -14.29% decrease in 2019, amounting to 3%
- A gross margin of 4% was generated in 2018 by Panasonic Corporation
Focus on quality
The company adheres to strict quality measures in the manufacture of its products. It carries out regular reviews of its supplies and conducts statistical analysis and evaluation with regard to the quality of the supplied products. Focus on quality enhances the company’s brand image and increases consumers’ confidence.
The company has proper checks and balances to ensure adherence to quality standards at every stage of its development and manufacturing process. The company operations are certified according to the Panasonic quality management system; ISO 9001 / Panasonic Industrial Devices; Occupational Safety and Health Management System (OHSAS) 18001; ISO 14001/ Panasonic Industrial Devices Europe GmbH among others.
It also implements variation reduction programs that improve quality-related processes and protect the customers from issues related to product variations.
Get this premium content