Northrop Grumman Corporation Company Profile
Northrop Grumman Corp
Aerospace and Defense
- Key Management
Mr.Kathy J Warden(CEO)
Northrop Grumman Corp. is an aerospace and defense company. It also includes Mission Systems and Space Systems. Its headquarters are in Falls Church, VA. Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems, a Northrop Grumman business segment, was in operation from 2018 to 2019. Orbital ATK Inc. was sold to Northrop Grumman in 2018. Orbital ATK was built on the strong heritage of Orbital Sciences Corporation and ATK.
This was formed out of Orbital ATK Inc. which resulted in Orbital Sciences Corporation merging with Alliant Techsystems. Since April 2014, they have been working together to produce reliable, affordable, and innovative products. It was shut down in February 2015. This ammunition is used to support the U.S. military and its allies.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- Northrop Grumman Corp.’s annual revenue for 2021 was US$ 568 Mn, a 12.7% increase from 2020
- From 2019’s annual revenues, Northrop Grumman Corp. registered a -6.32% decrease in 2020, amounting to US$ 504 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 538 Mn was generated in 2019 by Northrop Grumman Corp.
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- The operating income generated by Northrop Grumman Corp. in 2021 was US$ 527 Mn
- At a -2.92% decrease from , Northrop Grumman Corp.’s operating income of US$ 466 Mn was indexed in 2020
- Northrop Grumman Corp. generated an operating income of US$ 480 Mn in 2019
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- Northrop Grumman Corp.’s net income for 2021 was US$ 416 Mn, a 13.04% increase from 2020
- From 2019’s net incomes, Northrop Grumman Corp. registered a -2.9% decrease in 2020, amounting to US$ 368 Mn
- A net income of US$ 379 Mn was generated in 2019 by Northrop Grumman Corp.
Operating Margin %:
- The operating margin generated by Northrop Grumman Corp. in 2021 was 93%
- At a 3.59% increase from , Northrop Grumman Corp.’s operating margin of 92% was indexed in 2020
- Northrop Grumman Corp. generated an operating margin of 89% in 2019
Gross Margin %:
- Northrop Grumman Corp.’s gross margin for 2021 was 20%, a -5.27% decrease from 2020
- From 2019’s gross margins, Northrop Grumman Corp. registered a -4.96% decrease in 2020, amounting to 21%
- A gross margin of 23% was generated in 2019 by Northrop Grumman Corp.
A strategically balanced portfolio of products
Northrop boasts a diverse product portfolio. Northrop’s business areas include Aerospace Systems, Mission Systems, Innovation Systems, and Technology Services. Aerospace Systems designs, develops, integrates, produces, and sells manned aircraft, autonomous systems, spacecraft, high-energy laser systems, microelectronics, and other systems/subsystems.
The Mission Systems business provides advanced mission solutions and multifunction systems to DoD, the intelligence community, and federal civil customers. Technology Services is a provider of logistics solutions that support the entire life cycle of platforms, systems, and systems for federal-civil and global defense customers. The company’s Innovation Systems division designs manufacture and markets armament, space, and flight systems for civil and commercial customers.
Its main products include missile products and defense electronics as well as armament and ammunition systems, armament systems and ammunition, satellites, and related space components. A strategically balanced product portfolio does more than protect against unfavorable factors in a market, it also disperses its business risks and allows it to take advantage of opportunities across multiple industries.
Get this premium content