Merck KGaA Company Profile
- Key Management
Ms. Belén Garijo(CEO)
Merck KGaA, a science-technology company, is involved in the production of chemical and pharmaceutical products. It operates in the following areas: Healthcare, Life Science and Performance Materials, Corporate, and Others. The Healthcare sector develops and manufactures prescription drugs that treat multiple sclerosis, cancer, and infertility. Life Science provides laboratory materials, technologies, and services to scientists. The Performance Materials sector provides specialty chemicals and materials for difficult applications.
The company offers services in pharma and biopharma manufacturing, pharmaceutical quality control, pharmaceutical research, and government research services. Friedrich Jacob Merck founded the company and it is headquartered in Darmstadt (Germany). Merck Group is home to approximately 250 companies across 180 countries. The current main parent company is Merck KGaA. It is primarily owned by E. Merck oHG which is now a holding company. The company also offers DNA and RNA Extraction Kits through subsidiaries like Sigma-Aldrich and Merck Millipore.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- At a -3.32% decrease from , Merck KGaA’s annual revenue of US$ 20,821 Mn was indexed in 2021
- Merck KGaA generated total revenue of US$ 21,536 Mn in 2020
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- At a 28.05% increase from , Merck KGaA’s operating income of US$ 4,420 Mn was indexed in 2021
- Merck KGaA generated an operating income of US$ 3,451 Mn in 2020
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- At a 32.39% increase from , Merck KGaA’s net income of US$ 3,231 Mn was indexed in 2021
- Merck KGaA generated a net income of US$ 2,441 Mn in 2020
Operating Margin %:
- At a 32.5% increase from , Merck KGaA’s operating margin of 21% was indexed in 2021
- Merck KGaA generated an operating margin of 16% in 2020
Gross Margin %:
- At a 37.17% increase from , Merck KGaA’s gross margin of 16% was indexed in 2021
- Merck KGaA generated a gross margin of 11% in 2020
Growth in revenue
The company reported steady revenue growth during the review year. Strong financial performance improves investors’ confidence in the company and enables it to pursue expansion plans. In FY2020, the company reported revenue of EUR17,534 million as compared to EUR16,152 million in FY2019, an annual growth of 8.6%. Growth in the revenue was due to an increase in revenue from Life Science, and Performance Materials segments by 9.5%, and 31.3%, respectively.
Get this premium content