Lenovo Group Ltd Company Profile
Lenovo Group Ltd
- Key Management
Mr. Yang Yuanqing (CEO)
Lenovo Group Ltd., an investment holding company, is involved in the development, manufacturing, marketing, and sale of technology products and services. Its products include personal computers and workstations as well as servers, storage, smart TVs, and mobile products like smartphones, tablets, and apps. The company was established in 1984 in Hong Kong.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- Lenovo Group Ltd’s annual revenue for 2021 was US$ 60,742 Mn, a 19.77% increase from the 2020
- The annual revenue generated by Lenovo Group Ltd in 2020 was US$ 50,716 Mn
- At a 12.54% increase, Lenovo Group Ltd’s annual revenue of US$ 51,038 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Lenovo Group Ltd generated total revenue of US$ 45,350 Mn in 2018
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- US$ 2,180 Mn was Lenovo Group Ltd’s operating income in 2021, a 51.49% increase from 2020 figures
- Lenovo Group Ltd indexed a 22.16% increase in operating incomes from 2019, amounting to US$ 1,439 Mn in 2020
- Lenovo Group Ltd generated an operating income of US$ 1,178 Mn in 2019
- An operating income of US$ 386 Mn was indexed by Lenovo Group Ltd in 2018
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- US$ 1,211 Mn was the net income generated by Lenovo Group Ltd in 2021
- Lenovo Group Ltd’s net income for 2020 was US$ 719 Mn, a 10.62% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s net incomes, Lenovo Group Ltd registered a -577.94% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 650 Mn
- A net income of US$ -136 Mn was generated in 2018 by Lenovo Group Ltd
Operating Margin %:
- Lenovo Group Ltd’s operating margin for 2021 was 4%, a 28.57% increase from 2020
- The operating margin generated by Lenovo Group Ltd in 2020 was 3%
- At a 155.56% increase, Lenovo Group Ltd’s operating margin of 2% was indexed in 2019
- Lenovo Group Ltd generated an operating margin of 1% in 2018
Gross Margin %:
- 16% was Lenovo Group Ltd’s gross margin in 2021, a -2.42% decrease from 2020 figures
- Lenovo Group Ltd indexed a 14.58% increase in gross margins from 2019, amounting to 17% in 2020
- Lenovo Group Ltd generated a gross margin of 14% in 2019
- A gross margin of 14% was indexed by Lenovo Group Ltd in 2018
In FY2018, the company saw an increase in revenue. The company’s revenue growth allows it to offer higher returns to shareholders and allows to attract more investments. The company’s ability and capacity to allocate sufficient funds for expansion and growth is also enhanced by increased revenue and profitability. Lenovo’s FY2018 revenue was US$45,349.9 Million, compared to US$43.034.7 million in FY2017. This is 5.4% annual growth. This was due to an increase in smart device and PC sales, as well as data center business.
Its extensive geographic operations allow it to mitigate the risks associated with dependence in a single region. There are operations in China, EMEA, and Asia-pacific. The 31% share of revenue came from Americas in FY2018. EMEA accounted for 28% and China accounted for 25%. Asia-pacific accounted for 16%.
The company’s main operational centers are in Morrisville, USA; Beijing, China, and Singapore. Its manufacturing facilities are located in China and Mexico, as well as India. The R&D Center of Lenovo is located in Japan and China. It has opened sales offices in Singapore, France, China, and the US. The company’s geographical presence allows it to reach a broad customer base which results in better top-line performance.
The company is a strategic partner with many global companies. More than 200 companies have partnered with Lenovo to serve more than 50 industries. The company has more than 1,000,000 subscribers from all over the globe. It has partnered with many industry leaders, including Mead Johnson and Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Motorola is the brand that develops smartphones and mobile phones. To drive growth, scale, and competitiveness in Japan’s PC market and worldwide, it also formed a joint venture company with Fujitsu Client Computing Limited.
Get this premium content