Gruma SAB de CV Company Profile
Gruma SAB de CV
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. Juan Antonio González Moreno (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
~ 22,492 (2021)
Gruma SAB de CV produces and sells corn flour. Roberto Gonzalez Barrera and Roberto M. Gonzalez Gutierrez on May 3, 1949. It is located in San Pedro Garza Garcia Garcia, Mexico. This flour is used for the production and distribution of different types of tortillas, chips, and tortillas. It is part of Maseca. The Corn Flavor and Packaged Tortilla segment (Europe) makes and distributes various types of flour for making flatbreads, tortillas, and grits.
The Other segment handles technology and equipment. It is responsible for the production and research of machinery and flour for tortilla manufacturing. Azteca Milling L.P. produces tortillas, flatbreads such as chapatti and naan, and other related products under MISSIONDELIR and MISSIONDELI brand names.
Revenue (US$ Mn)
- Gruma SAB de CV’s annual revenue for 2021 was US$ 4,592 Mn, a 0.26% increase from 2020
- The annual revenue generated by Gruma SAB de CV in 2020 was US$ 4,580 Mn
- At a 9.01% increase from , Gruma SAB de CV’s annual revenue of US$ 4,103 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Gruma SAB de CV generated total revenue of US$ 3,764 Mn in 2018
Operating Income (US$ Mn)
- US$ 550 Mn was the operating income generated by Gruma SAB de CV in 2021
- Gruma SAB de CV’s operating income for 2020 was US$ 571 Mn, a 15.93% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s operating incomes, Gruma SAB de CV registered a 2.69% increase in 2019, amounting to US$ 492 Mn
- An operating income of US$ 479 Mn was generated in 2018 by Gruma SAB de CV
Net Income (US$ Mn)
- Gruma SAB de CV’s net income for 2021 was US$ 300 Mn, an 11.16% increase from 2020
- The net income generated by Gruma SAB de CV in 2020 was US$ 270 Mn
- At a 1.46% increase from , Gruma SAB de CV’s net income of US$ 256 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Gruma SAB de CV generated a net income of US$ 253 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %
- Gruma SAB de CV’s operating margin for 2021 was 12%, a -4.8% decrease from 2020
- The operating margin generated by Gruma SAB de CV in 2020 was 13%
- At a -5.51% decrease from , Gruma SAB de CV’s operating margin of 12% was indexed in 2019
- Gruma SAB de CV generated an operating margin of 13% in 2018
Gross Margin %
- 36% was the gross margin generated by Gruma SAB de CV in 2021
- Gruma SAB de CV’s gross margin for 2020 was 38%, a 2.96% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s gross margins, Gruma SAB de CV registered a -0.8% decrease in 2019, amounting to 37%
- A gross margin of 37% was generated in 2018 by Gruma SAB de CV
Operational Capabilities and Certifications
Strong manufacturing capabilities allow the company to integrate its operations and serve its growing customer base efficiently. It operates 75 plants worldwide. It has 25 plants in Mexico that are used for domestic manufacturing, as well as 28 in the USA. There are five Costa Rican plants, two in Guatemala, and four in Nicaragua. El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Ecuador have one each. Two plants are located in the UK and Spain.
There is also one each in Australia, Holland, Russia, Turkey, and Ukraine. Gruma is also very focused on quality in its products and services. Gruma adheres to strict quality guidelines in order to achieve high-quality standards at every stage of the company’s development and manufacturing processes.
The company has received numerous certifications, including ISO 9001, 2008, ISO 14001 environment acknowledgment, OHSAS 18001, and OSHA 800 security acknowledgment. KOSHER by the Jewish community, HALAL for the Muslim community, AIB International Food Safety certification., SAI Global Food Safety GFSI certification. SLRQA Business Assurance certification. Bureau Veritas certification. International Quality Assurance certification. Safe Quality Food SQF Institute certificate.
Excellent category rating from the AIB GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) audits. International Quality Assurance Accreditation. The company’s strong manufacturing capabilities and quality focus allow it to expand its business opportunities and cater to various customer requirements.
Get this premium content