Cyanotech Corporation Company Profile
- Key Management
Cyanotech Corp. is involved in the commercialization and development of natural products made from microalgae. Gerald R. Cysewski founded the company in 1983. It is headquartered at Kailua-Kona in Hawaii. BioAstin natural antioxidant, which is a dietary anti-inflammatory that supports and maintains the body’s natural immune response to improve eye and skin health, is one of the company’s products. Spirulina Pacifica is a dietary supplement that provides extra energy, cardiovascular benefits an enhanced immune system, and a source for antioxidant carotenoids.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- US$ 32 Mn was the annual revenue generated by Cyanotech Corp. in 2021
- Cyanotech Corp.’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 32 Mn, a 5.6% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s yearly revenues, Cyanotech Corp. registered a -11.46% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 30 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 34 Mn was generated in 2018 by Cyanotech Corp.
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- Cyanotech Corp.’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 1 Mn, a 31.43% increase from 2020
- The operating income generated by Cyanotech Corp. in 2020 was US$ 1 Mn
- At a -312.06% decrease from , Cyanotech Corp.’s operating income of US$ -3 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Cyanotech Corp. generated an operating income of US$ 1 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %:
- US$ Mn was the net income generated by Cyanotech Corp. in 2021
- Cyanotech Corp.’s net income for 2020 was US$ 3 Mn, a -133.33% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s net incomes, Cyanotech Corp. registered a -341.46% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ -10 Mn
- A net income of US$ 4 Mn was generated in 2018 by Cyanotech Corp.
Gross Margin %:
- Cyanotech Corp.’s operating margin for 2021 was 34%, a -13.57% decrease from 2020
- The operating margin generated by Cyanotech Corp. in 2020 was 40%
- At a -11.48% decrease from , Cyanotech Corp.’s operating margin of 35% was indexed in 2019
- Cyanotech Corp. generated an operating margin of 39% in 2018
A company’s financial performance is better and it can gain investor confidence. It also increases its ability to provide adequate funds for future growth opportunities. The company’s revenue for FY2020 was US$31.9million, compared to US$30.2million in FY2019. This represents an annual growth rate of 5.6%. The increase in extraction services, as well as an increase in spirulina shipments, led to an increase in revenue. The company posted an operating profit in FY2020 of US$1.1million, compared with an operating loss of US$ 3 million in FY2019. In FY2020, it reported a net profit of US$0.4 million, compared with a net loss of US$3.6 million in FY2019.
Get this premium content