Chevron Corporation Company Profile
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. Michael K Wirth (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
Chevron Corp. provides administrative and financial support for chemical and energy operations. It has two segments: Downstream and Upstream. Development, Exploration, production, and transportation of liquefaction and transport crude oil and natural gases, transporting and storage of natural gas; and regasification of liquefied gas; transporting crude by major international oil export pipes; processing.
Refining crude oil into petroleum products, marketing crude refined products and oil, marketing and manufacturing commodity petrochemicals, lubricant and fuel additives, plastics used in industrial applications, and other petrochemicals. Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC is a subsidiary company of Chevron Corp.
Revenue (US$ Mn)
- Chevron Corp.’s annual revenue for 2021 was US$ 1,55,606 Mn, a 64.71% increase from the 2020
- The annual revenue generated by Chevron Corp. in 2020 was US$ 94,471 Mn
- At a -11.98% decrease from, Chevron Corp.’s annual revenue of US$ 1,39,865 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Chevron Corp. generated total revenue of US$ 1,58,902 Mn in 2018
Operating Income (US$ Mn)
- US$ 21,639 Mn was the operating income generated by Chevron Corp. in 2021
- Chevron Corp.’s operating income for 2020 was US$ -6,097 Mn, a -6197% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s operating incomes, Chevron Corp. registered a -99.31% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 100 Mn
- An operating income of US$ 14,446 Mn was generated in 2018 by Chevron Corp.
Net Income (US$ Mn)
- Chevron Corp.’s net income for 2021 was US$ 15,625 Mn, a -381.89% decrease from 2020
- The net income generated by Chevron Corp. in 2020 was US$ -5,543 Mn
- At a -80.28% decrease from, Chevron Corp.’s net income of US$ 2,924 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Chevron Corp. generated a net income of US$ 14,824 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %
- 14% was the operating margin generated by Chevron Corp. in 2021
- Chevron Corp.’s operating margin for 2020 was -7%, a -6600% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s operating margins, Chevron Corp. registered a -98.9% decrease in 2019, amounting to %
- An operating margin of 9% was generated in 2018 by Chevron Corp.
Gross Margin %
- Chevron Corp.’s gross margin for 2021 was 41%, a 57.14% increase from 2020
- The gross margin generated by Chevron Corp. in 2020 was 26%
- At a -22.97% decrease from, Chevron Corp.’s gross margin of 22% was indexed in 2019
- Chevron Corp. generated a gross margin of 28% in 2018
Wide geographic presence
Chevron is present in many regions. The US’s largest business operations include California, Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado. The company’s business activities in Africa are conducted in the Angola Republic of the Congo Liberia and Nigeria. The company also has upstream activities in Asia: Azerbaijan and Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, and Kazakhstan.
The company also operates upstream operations in the UK and Denmark in Europe. Chevron also operates upstream operations in countries such as Australia, Brazil, Canada, and Colombia. Global operations and a strong brand identity give the company a competitive edge over other companies. This gives them an advantage in generating more revenue by using their global presence. Its global presence also reduces the risk of economic instability or political instability in any country or region.
Get this premium content