Bombardier, Inc. Company Profile
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. Alain M. Bellemare (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
Bombardier, Inc. produces planes and trains. The company was established in Montreal, Canada on June 19, 1902It has the following segments: Commercial Aircraft, Aerostructures, Business Aircraft, Engineering Services, and Transportation. The Transportation segment provides a full range of services and products to the rail industry. It includes complete trains, signaling, subsystems, system integration, signaling, as well as services and product lines.
The Commercial Aircraft segment designs manufacture and maintain a range of commercial aircraft. Aerostructures and Engineering Services design and manufactures major components for aircraft, such as engine fuselages, nacelles, and wings. They also provide aftermarket component repair and overhaul and other engineering services to clients and external and internal The Business Aircraft segment designs and manufactures business jets in three categories. This includes medium, small, and large.
Revenue (US$ Mn)
- At a -6.2% decrease from, Bombardier, Inc.’s annual revenue of US$ 6,085 Mn was indexed in 2021
- Bombardier, Inc. generated total revenue of US$ 6,487 Mn in 2020
Operating Income (US$ Mn)
- At a -73.57% decrease from, Bombardier, Inc.’s operating income of US$ 241 Mn was indexed in 2021
- Bombardier, Inc. generated an operating income of US$ 912 Mn in 2020
Net Income (US$ Mn)
- At a 792.61% increase from, Bombardier, Inc.’s net income of US$ 5,070 Mn was indexed in 2021
- Bombardier, Inc. generated a net income of US$ 568 Mn in 2020
Operating Margin %
- At a -72.14% decrease from, Bombardier, Inc.’s operating margin of 4% was indexed in 2021
- Bombardier, Inc. generated an operating margin of 14% in 2020
Gross Margin %
- At a 90% increase from, Bombardier, Inc.’s gross margin of 15% was indexed in 2021
- Bombardier, Inc. generated a gross margin of 8% in 2020
A company’s strong operational performance increases investor confidence and allows it to continue its expansion plans. Bombardier’s FY2018 operating income was US$985million, compared to US$265million in FY2017. In FY2018, the company saw an increase in net income to US$232 million.
This was compared to a net loss of US$494million in FY2018. The company’s operating margin grew from 1.6% in FY2017, to 6.0% in FY2018. Operating cost per sale decreased from 98.4% to 93.9% between FY2017 and FY2018. The company’s cost management is efficient, as evidenced by the increase in operating margin and decreases in operating costs.
Get this premium content