Apple Inc. Company Profile
- Key Management
Mr. Timothy Donald Cook (CEO)
~ 154,000 (2021))
Apple, Inc. is a company that designs, manufactures, and sells a variety of products including wearable technology, personal computers, tablets, and accessories. The geographic divisions of the corporation are Europe, the Americas, Greater China, Japan, the Rest of Asia Pacific, and Japan. North and South America are both included in the Americas division. Along with Middle Eastern and Indian nations, European nations are included in the Europe section.
Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China are all included in the Greater China sector. Australia and Asian nations are included in the category for the rest of Asia-Pacific. The corporation sells a variety of goods and services, such as iPhone, Mac, and iPads, AirPods, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and Beats headphones. The business was established in 1977 by Stephen G. Wozniak, Ronald Gerald Wayne, and Steven Paul Jobs. Its main office is in Cupertino (CA).
Revenue (US$ Mn)
- US$ 3,65,817 Mn was the annual revenue generated by Apple, Inc. in 2021
- Apple, Inc.’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 2,74,515 Mn, a 5.51% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s annual revenues, Apple, Inc. registered a -2.04% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 2,60,174 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 2,65,595 Mn was generated in 2018 by Apple, Inc.
Operating Income (US$ Mn)
- Apple, Inc.’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 1,08,949 Mn, a 64.36% increase from the 2020
- The operating income generated by Apple, Inc. in 2020 was US$ 66,288 Mn
- At a -9.83% decrease from, Apple, Inc.’s operating income of US$ 63,930 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Apple, Inc. generated an operating income of US$ 70,898 Mn in 2018
Net Income (US$ Mn)
- Apple, Inc.’s net income for 2021 was US$ 94,680 Mn, a 64.92% increase from the 2020
- The net income generated by Apple, Inc. in 2020 was US$ 57,411 Mn
- At a -7.18% decrease from, Apple, Inc.’s net income of US$ 55,256 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Apple, Inc. generated a net income of US$ 59,531 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %
- 30% was the operating margin generated by Apple, Inc. in 2021
- Apple, Inc.’s operating margin for 2020 was 24%, a -2.03% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s operating margins, Apple, Inc. registered a -7.87% decrease in 2019, amounting to 25%
- An operating margin of 27% was generated in 2018 by Apple, Inc.
Gross Margin %
- Apple, Inc.’s gross margin for 2021 was 42%, a 9.42% increase from 2020
- The gross margin generated by Apple, Inc. in 2020 was 38%
- At a -1.31% decrease from, Apple, Inc.’s gross margin of 38% was indexed in 2019
- Apple, Inc. generated a gross margin of 38% in 2018
Apple’s ability to compete with its peers is dependent on its ability to continuously introduce innovative, competitive products, services, and technologies. It has strong R&D capabilities that support the company. The company continues to develop new technologies, up-gradation, and expansion of existing products and services through R&D.
It is currently pursuing thousands of patent applications worldwide. As a percentage of revenue, it spent US$18.752million on R&D in FY2020. This was 6.8%. Apple also has extensive intellectual property rights in accessories, software, and hardware devices, including trademarks, copyrights, and trademarks.
Get this premium content