AMETEK, Inc. Company Profile
- Key Management
Mr. David A. Zapico(Chairman of the Board & CEO)
AMETEK, Inc., a global American manufacturer of electronic devices and electromechanical products, has its headquarters located in the United States, as well as over 220 manufacturing facilities worldwide. AMETEK, Inc. operates via two segments. Electronic Instruments Group (EIG) and EMG (electromechanical). EIG produces advanced and unique instruments for the industrial, process, and power markets. EMG is a top supplier in its industry and a specialist in providing highly developed automation systems, temperature control systems, and specialty metals.
The company makes half of its sales in the United States. The company’s almost two-decade-old asset-light strategy places a strong emphasis on acquisition-based growth, new product design through R&D, driving operational efficiencies, and market and worldwide expansion. In 2014, AMETEK, Inc. purchased VTI Instruments. Precision modular instrumentation and solutions for electronic signal acquisition, distribution, monitoring, and monitoring are offered by VTI Instruments.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- US$ 5,547 Mn was the annual revenue generated by AMETEK, Inc. in 2021
- AMETEK, Inc.’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 4,540 Mn, a -11.99% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s annual revenues, AMETEK, Inc. registered a 6.45% increase in 2019, amounting to US$ 5,159 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 4,846 Mn was generated in 2018 by AMETEK, Inc.
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- AMETEK, Inc.’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 1,309 Mn, a 22.1% increase from the 2020
- The operating income generated by AMETEK, Inc. in 2020 was US$ 1,072 Mn
- At a 9.47% increase from, AMETEK, Inc.’s operating income of US$ 1,177 Mn was indexed in 2019
- AMETEK, Inc. generated an operating income of US$ 1,076 Mn in 2018
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- US$ 990 Mn was the net income generated by AMETEK, Inc. in 2021
- AMETEK, Inc.’s net income for 2020 was US$ 797 Mn, a -7.52% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s net incomes, AMETEK, Inc. registered a 12.43% increase in 2019, amounting to US$ 861 Mn
- A net income of US$ 766 Mn was generated in 2018 by AMETEK, Inc.
Operating Margin %:
- AMETEK, Inc.’s operating margin for 2021 was 24%, a -0.42% decrease from 2020
- The operating margin generated by AMETEK, Inc. in 2020 was 24%
- At a 2.7% increase from, AMETEK, Inc.’s operating margin of 23% was indexed in 2019
- AMETEK, Inc. generated an operating margin of 22% in 2018.
Geographically diverse operations
AMETEK serves customers worldwide with a wide range of geographic operations. Geographically, AMETEK divides its revenue into two segments: US and International. The US segment made up 49.5% of AMETEK’s total revenue in FY2018. International accounted for 50.5%. AMETEK’s geographic reach and concentration of operations help to mitigate many country risks that can result from political and economic uncertainty.
Get this premium content