Alamo Group Inc. Company Profile
Alamo Group Inc. (R.P.M. Tech)
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. JEFFERY A. LEONARD (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
~ 1,334.2 (2021)
~ 4,200 (2021))
Alamo Group, Inc. designs and manufactures agricultural machinery and tools for maintaining infrastructure for government and industrial use. It manufactures zero-turn radius mowers, street sweepers, excavators, vacuum trucks, and other machinery for maintaining vegetation, including tractor-mounted mowers.
It has three business segments: European, Industrial, and Agricultural. The European segment also includes a mix of agricultural and industrial products. R.P.M. Tech. Alamo Group has a subsidiary company called Tech. The company was established by Donald J. Douglass on May 25, 1955. It is headquartered in the United States.
Revenue (US$ Mn)
- Alamo Group, Inc.’s annual revenue for 2021 was US$ 1,334 Mn, a 14.68% increase from 2020
- The annual revenue generated by Alamo Group, Inc. in 2020 was US$ 1,163 Mn
- At a 10.93% increase, Alamo Group, Inc.’s annual revenue of US$ 1,119 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Alamo Group, Inc. generated total revenue of US$ 1,009 Mn in 2018
Operating Income(US$ Mn)
- US$ 117 Mn was Alamo Group, Inc.’s operating income in 2021, a 23.44% increase from 2020 figures
- Alamo Group, Inc. indexed a -0.21% decrease in operating incomes from 2019, amounting to US$ 95 Mn in 2020
- Alamo Group, Inc. generated an operating income of US$ 95 Mn in 2019
- An operating income of US$ 104 Mn was indexed by Microsoft Corporation in 2018
Net Income(US$ Mn)
- US$ 80 Mn was the net income generated by Alamo Group, Inc. in 2021
- Alamo Group, Inc.’s net income for 2020 was US$ 57 Mn, a -10.02% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s net incomes, Alamo Group, Inc. registered a -14.31% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 63 Mn
- A net income of US$ 73 Mn was generated in 2018 by Alamo Group, Inc.
Operating Margin %
- Alamo Group, Inc.’s operating margin for 2021 was 9%, a 7.41% increase from 2020
- The operating margin generated by Alamo Group, Inc. in 2020 was 8%
- At a -15% decrease, Alamo Group, Inc.’s operating margin of 9% was indexed in 2019
- Alamo Group, Inc. generated an operating margin of 10% in 2018
Gross Margin %
- 6% was Alamo Group, Inc.’s gross margin in 2021, a 25% increase from 2020 figures
- Alamo Group, Inc. indexed a -14.29% decrease in gross margins from 2019, amounting to 5% in 2020
- Alamo Group, Inc. generated a gross margin of 6% in 2019
- A gross margin of 7% was indexed by Microsoft Corporation in 2018
Dedicated to new product development
Alamo is a company that is focused on developing new products. The company is always involved in the design and manufacturing of new products, as well as improving its existing product lines. Research and Development (R&D) is an ongoing activity of the company. It focuses on improving existing products and developing new ones. As of December 31, 2019, 268 employees were employed in the company’s various engineering departments.
The company’s R&D spending was US$11.9M in FY2019. This represented 1% of its revenue. The company has the several US and international patents. As of December 31, 2019, US$94million was the net book value in patents and trademarks. Alamo is able to focus its efforts on developing new products, which gives the company a competitive edge.
Get this premium content