Target Corporation Statistics: Target Corporation (Target) is a general merchandise retailer that sells products both in-store and online. Its general retail stores provide a curated food selection, which includes perishables, dry groceries, dairy, and frozen foods. Its digital channels offer a wide range of merchandise, including many items that can be bought at its stores, as well as a complementing selection. Target sells a variety of general products as well as food. Its retail formats feature carefully picked general commerce and culinary selections.
Apparel, accessories, home decor, electronics, toys, seasonal goods, food, and other merchandise categories are the categories in which the company manages its inventory. It has storefronts in urban marketplaces and on college campuses, as well as format stores. Apparel and accessories, cosmetics and household needs, food & beverage, retail hardlines, and home furnishings and decor are among the company’s product categories.
Founded in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1902, Target Corporation is a leading discount retailer in the United States and worldwide based on sales. The company operates a chain of general merchandise stores that offer a wide variety of general merchandise and food. Since its inception, this company operates primarily in the United States. Target did have several stores in operation in the Canadian market, but these were all closed in 2015. As of January 2021, Target operated nearly 1,900 stores across the United States.
Target Corp Statistics:
Target Corporation Total No. of Employees (2016-2020):
Target Shareholder Distributions:
Financial Highlights from 2015 to 2020:
Total Revenue in US$ Millions
Operating Income in US$ Millions
Net Earnings in US$ Millions
Diluted EPS in US$
Total 2020 Sales: US$92.4 Billion
Sales by Channel
Sales by Product Category
Target Corporation Facts:
- Target is a general merchandise retailer with stores in all 50 US states and the District of Columbia
- 75% of the population of the United States resides within 10 miles of a Target store
- Target employs over 350,000 team members
- The tagline for Target is “Expect More. Pay Less”
- Brian Cornell is the CEO of Target since August 2014
- Shipt and Roundel are both owned by Target Corporation
- Since 1962, Target has been headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, when the Dayton Company launched the first Target shop
Target Corporation Traffic Statistics
Traffic to Target.com by Country
Sources for Target.com
Traffic from Social Media
Target Corporation Fun Facts:
- 1,926 stores in the U.S.
- 48 distribution centers in the U.S.
- Corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 5 additional offices across the U.S.
- Global capabilities center in Bengaluru, India
- More than a dozen sourcing offices globally
- 0 stores in Australia
News in 2021:
- In February, the company announced a partnership with Apple to create a new shopping experience.
- In March, the company announced plans to invest US$4 billion in its retail operations in the United States.
- In April, the company announced the opening of a new store in Sacramento, California.
- In February, Dermstore LLC was sold by Target.
- In March, the company’s food & beverage brand, Favorite, was launched.
- In January, the company announced that Levi Strauss & Co.’s Red Tab label would be available in selected Target locations and on Target.com.
- In July, the company announced the opening of its second small-format store in Denver, Colorado.
- In October, the company announced the establishment of a new store on the Hawaiian island of Kauai.
Target Corporation Recent History:
- In October, the company introduce the FAO Schwarz collection.
- In October, the company partnered with Levi Strauss & Co. to introduce Levi’s Red Tab label in selected Target stores and on Target.com.
- In March, the company introduced the Gen-Z beauty and skincare brand.
- In May, the company announced acquiring technology assets from same-day service delivery.
- In August, the company announced the opening North Star Innovation Center in North Minneapolis, US.
- In November, the company and Ulta Beauty entered into a strategic partnership to launch a new beauty shopping experience.
- In November, the company opened its new store in Shepherd Square Shopping Center, Houston, TX, US.
- In January, the company launched Wild Fable, a clothing line for women; Heyday, an electronic accessory brand; and Smartly, a home and body brand.
- In May, the company announced its plans to buy retail advertising firm Triad Retail Media from WPP PLC.
- In May, Target partnered with Popcornopolis to launch Popcornopolis’ Unicorn Popcorn in Target retail stores across the US.
- In June, the company and Leeward Renewable Energy entered into a virtual power purchase agreement for the construction of a lone tree wind project in Bureau County, IL, US.
- In July, the company launched a new brand, tween to offer school supplies, clothing, and electronics.
- In October, the company partnered with Tru Kids Brands to relaunch the brand online in the US.
- In December, the company announced its plan to open a store in Times Square, New York.
- In July, Target stores announced its plans to introduce an online same-day delivery service in Bergen County, NJ, US.
- In July, the company announced its plans to introduce a same-day delivery service in New York, US.
- In July, Target released an invite-only Studio Connect app that enables designers to get feedback from Target’s customers.
- In July, the company launched the Mielle and a new Pomegranate & Honey Skin Care Collection in Target stores across the U.S.
- In August, Target and Shipt announced their plans to launch same-day delivery of home, electronics, toys, groceries, essentials, and other products in Connecticut.
- In August, the company announced to expand its Drive Up service to Colorado and California.
- In August, Target and Shipt partnered to begin same-day delivery of more than groceries, essentials, and other products to the residents of Billings and Bozeman, Montana, US.
- In October, Shipt and Target agreed to commence same-day delivery of Inland Southern California, US.
- In October, Target introduced a new low-priced brand, Smartly, that comprises more than 70 items.
- In January, the company launched Good Chemistry, an exclusive fragrance brand.
- In February, the company introduced same-day delivery in Phoenix, AZ.
- In February, the company and Honeyfund partnered to launch a leading honeymoon registry startup, Shark Tank, to offer guests the best wedding registry experience.
- In March, the company announced plans to invest US$250 million to spiff-up stores.
- In March, the company and Hunter partnered to provide its lifestyle collection at Target stores and website.
- In March, the company was selected by hint, to launch its new sunscreen spray, hint sunscreen, in Target stores.
- In March, the company announced the voluntary recall of a number of frozen food items sold at a single Target store on Oahu, Honolulu, Hawaii, that were not stored under appropriate temperature.
- In April, Target and Shipt started same-day delivery of more than 55,000 various products across the Northwest.
- In April, the company plans to open a small-format store in Burbank, California.
- In March, Target and AddStructure partnered to launch a product as a competitor to Amazon’s Alexa.
- In April, the company plans to open small-format stores in New York.
- In April, Target introduced new eight cosmetics brands to its beauty section designed for women with medium-to-dark skin tones.
- In April, the company launched a new service, Drive Up, into 270 stores in Florida, Texas, and the South-East of the US, which allows customers to get orders delivered to their car.
- In April, Target and Walmart partnered to launch electric vehicle charging stations at their stores.
- In May, the company new multicultural beauty brands for men.
- In May, the company and Walt Disney collaborated to launch the Mickey Mouse beauty routine series.
- In May, the company and Shipt introduced a same-day delivery service in St. Louis, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Kentucky.
- In June, Target announced its plans to close stores to reduce its footprint and to create a “boutique” fashion chain.
- In May, the company introduced three new brands, namely: Heyday, Wild Fable, and Original Use.
- In June, the company expanded its same-day shipping and pickup services across the Midwest and the Southeast.
- In April, the company introduced eight cosmetics brands to expand its beauty offerings.
- In April, the company entered into an agreement with Google for a voice-activated coupon on Google Assistant.
- In July, the company announced its plans to add automatic cash counting machines at Walmart stores.
- In June, the company secured a distribution contract from XYIENCE.
- In March, the company paired up with boot maker Hunter to launch a Millennial-focused collection.
- In April, Target announced the launch of a new replenishment game service with Fetch, Target Fetch.
- In July, the company invested in Inspectorio to raise US$10 million in Series A venture funding.
- In July, the company announced its plans to close its stores in Australia.