Scapa Group Ltd. Company Profile
Scapa Group Ltd.
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. Heejae Richard Chae (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
Scapa Group Ltd., with its manufacturing, subsidiaries, and markets adhesive components and bonding products for use in the industrial and healthcare markets in Europe, North America, and Asia. The parent company of Scapa Group is Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. It sells Barnier, aluminum foil, acrylic, cable wrapping, cloth, double-sided, transfer, double-sided and single-sided foam, tape mounting, paper masking and polyethylene, PVC wire wrapping, cloth, heat seal and packaging, and self-amalgamating. Scapa Group plc was established in 1927. It is located in Ashton-Under-Lyne in the United Kingdom.
Revenue (US$ Mn)
- Scapa Group Ltd.’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 353 Mn, a -0.54% decrease from 2019
- The annual revenue generated by Scapa Group Ltd. in 2019 was US$ 355 Mn
- At a 25.9% increase from , Scapa Group Ltd.’s annual revenue of US$ 358 Mn was indexed in 2018
- Scapa Group Ltd. generated total revenue of US$ 285 Mn in 2017
Operating Income (US$ Mn)
- Scapa Group Ltd.’s operating income for 2020 was US$ -52 Mn, a -372.77% decrease from 2019
- The operating income generated by Scapa Group Ltd. in 2019 was US$ 19 Mn
- At a 70.59% increase from , Scapa Group Ltd.’s operating income of US$ 38 Mn was indexed in 2018
- Scapa Group Ltd. generated an operating income of US$ 22 Mn in 2017
Net Income (US$ Mn)
- US$ -55 Mn was the net income generated by Scapa Group Ltd. in 2020
- Scapa Group Ltd.’s net income for 2019 was US$ 9 Mn, a -67.82% decrease from 2018
- From 2017’s net incomes, Scapa Group Ltd. registered a 61.45% increase in 2018, amounting to US$ 29 Mn
- A net income of US$ 18 Mn was generated in 2017 by Scapa Group Ltd.
Operating Margin %
- Scapa Group Ltd.’s operating margin for 2020 was -15%, a -374.07% decrease from 2019
- The operating margin generated by Scapa Group Ltd. in 2019 was 5%
- At a 36.36% increase from , Scapa Group Ltd.’s operating margin of 11% was indexed in 2018
- Scapa Group Ltd. generated an operating margin of 8% in 2017
Focused R&D Activities
Scapa’s emphasis on research and development (R&D), gives it a competitive advantage. The company conducts strong R&D activities in product development and product extension across all business segments. The company spent GBP3.7 million in R&D expenses during FY2017.
This includes product development and product extensions across business segments. In addition to product innovation, the company invested in advanced product testing facilities and a laboratory for product testing. This allowed the company to meet the needs of its customers as well as the markets it serves. The company launched new products in the area of acne treatment, insulin delivery system, and wound care throughout the year thanks to its focused R&D activities.
Get this premium content