QIAGEN NV Company Profile
- Key Management
QIAGEN NV offers Sample insight solutions to allow customers to gain valuable molecular insights from samples that contain essential building blocks of living things. Metin Kolpan and Detlev H.Riesner founded the company in April 1996. Its headquarters are in Venlo (the Netherlands). The company’s sample technologies extract DNA, RNA, and proteins from blood, tissues, and other materials.
The firm’s assay technology can see these biomolecules and make them available for analysis. Bioinformatics software, knowledge base, and bioinformatics program interpret data to give relevant and actionable insights. Firm automation solutions connect these solutions in seamless, efficient workflows. QIAGEN provides solutions for Molecular Diagnostics, Life Sciences (pharma R&D, academia), and Industrial Applications (primarily forensics).
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- QIAGEN NV’s annual revenue for 2021 was US$ 1,986 Mn, a 6.22% increase from 2020.
- The annual revenue generated by QIAGEN NV in 2020 was US$ 1,870 Mn.
- At a 1.6% increase, QIAGEN NV’s annual revenue of US$ 1,526 Mn was indexed in 2019.
- QIAGEN NV generated total revenue of US$ 1,502 Mn in 2018.
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- US$ 625 Mn was the operating income generated by QIAGEN NV in 2021
- QIAGEN NV’s operating income for 2020 was US$ 537 Mn, a 71.02% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s operating incomes, QIAGEN NV registered a 17.6% increase in 2019, amounting to US$ 314 Mn
- An operating income of US$ 267 Mn was generated in 2018 by QIAGEN NV
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- QIAGEN NV’s net income for 2021 was US$ 512 Mn, a 42.62% increase from 2020
- The net income generated by QIAGEN NV in 2020 was US$ 359 Mn
- At a -121.58% decrease, QIAGEN NV’s net income of US$ -41 Mn was indexed in 2019
- QIAGEN NV generated a net income of US$ 190 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %:
- 31% was the operating margin generated by QIAGEN NV in 2021
- QIAGEN NV’s operating margin for 2020 was 29%, a 40% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s operating margins, QIAGEN NV registered a 15.17% increase in 2019, amounting to 21%
- An operating margin of 18% was generated in 2018 by QIAGEN NV
Gross Margin %:
- QIAGEN NV’s gross margin for 2021 was 26%, a 29.15% increase from 2020
- The gross margin generated by QIAGEN NV in 2020 was 20%
- At a -79.37% decrease, QIAGEN NV’s gross margin of 3% was indexed in 2019
- QIAGEN NV generated a gross margin of 13% in 2018
A diverse customer base insulates the company from concentration risks
QIAGEN serves a wide range of customers. The company sells samples, products, and assay kits (also known as consumables or automated instrumentation systems) to four main customer groups: molecular diagnostics; applied testing; pharmaceuticals; and academia. Customers of the company’s molecular diagnosis customers include healthcare providers who support many aspects of patient care. Qiagen’s customers in applied testing include those who use molecular technology in areas such as forensics and veterinary diagnostics. Its pharmaceutical customers include biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. While its academic customers are researchers.
Get this premium content