Nippon Express Co. Ltd. Company Profile
The company provides moving services as well as the shipment of valuables including cash and construction equipment. The company also offers warehousing and freight forwarding through the air, water, and rail.
Nippon Express Co.Ltd
- Key Management
Mr. Mitsuru Saito (CEO)
Nippon Express is a well-known logistics firm established in Japan. The company has operations in Japan, which accounts for the great majority of its sales, as well as in over 45 other countries across the world. The company was founded in 1937and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- US$ 13,062 Mn was Nippon Express’s annual revenue in 2021, a -33.09% decrease from 2020 figures
- Nippon Express indexed a 1.9% increase in annual revenues from 2019, amounting to US$ 19,521 Mn in 2020
- Nippon Express generated total revenue of US$ 19,158 Mn in 2019
- Annual revenue of US$ 19,320 Mn was indexed by Nippon Express in 2018
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- US$ 509 Mn was the operating income generated by Nippon Express in 2021
- Nippon Express’s operating income for 2020 was US$ 733 Mn, a 34.45% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s operating incomes, Nippon Express registered a -24.16% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 545 Mn
- An operating income of US$ 719 Mn was generated in 2018 by Nippon Express
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- Nippon Express’s net income for 2021 was US$ 418 Mn, a -20.69% decrease from 2020
- The net income generated by Nippon Express in 2020 was US$ 527 Mn
- At a -64.03% decrease, Nippon Express’s net income of US$ 160 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Nippon Express generated a net income of US$ 446 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %:
- 3% was Nippon Express’s operating margin in 2021, a -18.42% decrease from 2020 figures
- Nippon Express indexed a 35.71% increase in operating margins from 2019, amounting to 4% in 2020
- Nippon Express generated an operating margin of 3% in 2019
- An operating margin of 4% was indexed by Nippon Express in 2018
Gross Margin %:
- 9% was the gross margin generated by Nippon Express in 2021
- Nippon Express’s gross margin for 2020 was 3%, a -67.9% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s gross margins, Nippon Express registered a -7.95% decrease in 2019, amounting to 8%
- A gross margin of 9% was generated in 2018 by Nippon Express
A Comprehensive Services Portfolio Diversifies Business Risks
The company offers a wide range of services. Nippon Express operates through three business segments, including distribution and transportation; good sales; and others. The company’s distribution and transportation segment’s business include combined business, security transportation, heavy haulage and construction, air freight forwarding, and marine and harbor transportation reportable divisions.
The combined business division is engaged in providing railway forwarding, motor cargo transportation services, and warehousing operations. Its heavy haulage and construction division handles the transportation, and installation of heavy cargo and pursues related businesses throughout Japan. Through its air freight forwarding business division, the company offers air freight forwarding, travel, and other related services.
In addition, Nippon Express Travel and related subsidiaries and affiliates operate the travel and other related businesses. Also, the goods sales segment is engaged in the sale and leasing of distribution equipment, sale of wrapping and packaging materials, sale and leasing of vehicles, sale of petroleum and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), vehicle maintenance, and insurance sales. Thus, a comprehensive service portfolio assists the company in delivering sustainable business growth in the long term.
Diverse End Markets Attract New and Potential Customers
The company’s leading-edge experts and technicians are involved in offering innovative and customized solutions for its users based on the changing market trends and preferences. Nippon Express offers logistic support for the automotive sector and acts as a trusted logistics and distribution partner for the electronics and telecommunication sector.
The company also provides various end-to-end solutions for the fashion and retail and food sectors and also provides global supply chain solutions for aerospace and aviation industries. It also collaborates with various customers to identify and analyze complex logistic issues which in turn helps them to ensure the smooth flow of their day-to-day business operations.
Get this premium content