Nexter Group Company Profile
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. Stéphane Mayer (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
~ 3,700 (2021)
Nexter Group, a subsidiary KMW+Nexter Defense Systems NV (Nexter), is an integrator and manufacturer of land defense, weapon systems, armored vehicles, and other systems. The company manufactures, markets, and sells large- and medium-caliber ammunition, weapons, safety devices for rockets, and other protection systems. The company offers services in battle management and artillery and weapons, infantry and armored, as well ammunition.
The company specializes in the engineering and production of electronic equipment for extreme conditions. It also provides mechanical, hydraulic, and civil engineering services. Nexter also provides services to military vehicles and the transport, energy, aeronautical, and armed forces. Kabul Hospital, Terre Fraternite, and Terre Fraternite are the company’s major partners. Nexter headquarters are in Versailles (Ile-de-France).
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- At a 10.77% increase from , Nexter Group’s annual revenue of US$ 3,359 Mn was indexed in 2021
- Nexter Group generated total revenue of US$ 3,032 Mn in 2020
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- At a -0.35% decrease from , Nexter Group’s operating income of US$ 114 Mn was indexed in 2021
- Nexter Group generated an operating income of US$ 114 Mn in 2020
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- At a 3.35% increase from , Nexter Group’s net income of US$ 126 Mn was indexed in 2021
- Nexter Group generated a net income of US$ 122 Mn in 2020
Operating Margin %:
- Nexter Group generated an operating margin of 3% in 2021
- An operating margin of 4% was indexed by Nexter Group in 2020
Gross Margin %:
- At a -20% decrease from , Nexter Group’s gross margin of 11% was indexed in 2021
- Nexter Group generated a gross margin of 14% in 2020
Focus on R&D
Nexter invests a large portion of its revenue in R&D activities. This is done primarily to improve its existing offerings and to develop new systems and technologies that can meet changing demands. R&D at Nexter focuses on machining services and hardened microelectronics. Vetronics, simulations of virtual environments, systems engineering, and electronics. It spends around 18% of its turnover on R&D.
The company focuses on propulsion, aerodynamics, and the computerization of the battlefield. More than 80 patents are owned by the company, with over 1800 patents active. Bat3, Power Pack Plus, and Soft Start Solution are the company’s most innovative products. Bat3 provides information about the charging status and condition of an electric battery. Power Pack Plus improves the vehicle’s autonomy. Soft Start Solution decreases stress on torques’ mechanical parts. The electronic control solution III ensures the protection of the line and associated equipment.
Get this premium content