Fortive Company Profile
- Key Management
Mr. James A Lico (President, CEO & Director)
Fortive Corp. is an industrial growth company that is multi-faceted. It designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and sells professional and engineered products and software to various end markets. It is divided into the Professional Instrumentation and Industrial Technologies sections. The Professional Instrumentation segment provides software and services that create actionable intelligence through measuring and monitoring various industrial parameters.
The Industrial Technologies segment includes software, critical components, and services for manufacturing, repair, and transportation markets. It offers advanced environmental sensors, fueling equipment, vehicle tracking, fleet management software, field payment, hardware, remote management and workflow software, signaling solutions for traffic lights control, and software to manage them. The company was established in Everett WA. In 2016.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- US$ 5,255 Mn was the annual revenue generated by Fortive Corp. in 2021
- Fortive Corp.’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 4,634 Mn, a -36.69% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s yearly revenues, Fortive Corp. registered a 13.45% increase in 2019, amounting to US$ 7,320 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 6,452 Mn was generated in 2018 by Fortive Corp.
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- Fortive Corp.’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 813 Mn, a 50.69% increase from 2020
- The operating income generated by Fortive Corp. in 2020 was US$ 539 Mn
- At a -14.77% decrease from, Fortive Corp.’s operating income of US$ 1,004 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Fortive Corp. generated an operating income of US$ 1,178 Mn in 2018
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- US$ 608 Mn was the net income generated by Fortive Corp. in 2021
- Fortive Corp.’s net income for 2020 was US$ 1,613 Mn, a 118.6% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s net incomes, Fortive Corp. registered a -74.67% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 738 Mn
- A net income of US$ 2,914 Mn was generated in 2018 by Fortive Corp.
Operating Margin %:
- Fortive Corp.’s operating margin for 2021 was 15%, a 32.76% increase from 2020
- The operating margin generated by Fortive Corp. in 2020 was 12%
- At a -25.14% decrease from , Fortive Corp.’s operating margin of 14% was indexed in 2019
- Fortive Corp. generated an operating margin of 18% in 2018
Gross Margin %:
- 50% was the gross margin generated by Fortive Corp. in 2021
- Fortive Corp.’s gross margin for 2020 was 65%, a 28.83% increase from 2019
- From 2018’s gross margins, Fortive Corp. registered a -2.33% decrease in 2019, amounting to 50%
- A gross margin of 52% was generated in 2018 by Fortive Corp.
A strong market position allows the company to satisfy customer needs and generate more revenue. Fortive is a technology company that offers a variety of services. Fortive has well-known brands, which hold top market positions in field solutions, product realization, and sensing, as well as franchise distribution. The company’s Fortive Business System operating model enables it to gain solid market experience and increase sales while expanding margins.
Through focused R&D, the company strives for innovative products and services that have advanced features and functionalities. It invests in designing and developing new products, and applications, and improving the functionality, effectiveness, and ease of use of existing products. It spent US$456.7million on R&D in FY2019. This was 6.2% of its revenues and grew 10.2% YoY.
Get this premium content