Cummins, Inc Company Profile
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. N. Thomas Linebarger (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
~ 24,021 (2021)
~ 21,200 (2021)
Cummins, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets natural gas engines. It operates in the following sections: Engine, Distribution, Components, Power Systems, New Power, Components, and Components. It supplies heavy-duty and medium-duty trucks, buses, and recreational vehicles as well as oil and gas, oil and defense, agricultural markets, and other markets. It distributes and supports its products and services. It also provides electrified power system components such as fuel cells, battery technology, and other subsystems.
- US$ 24,021 Mn was the annual revenue generated by Cummins, Inc. in 2021
- Cummins, Inc.’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 19,811 Mn, a -15.95% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s annual revenues, Cummins, Inc. registered a -0.84% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 23,571 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 23,771 Mn was generated in 2018 by Cummins, Inc.
Operating Income(US$ Mn)
- Cummins, Inc.’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 2,706 Mn, a 46.51% increase from the 2020
- The operating income generated by Cummins, Inc. in 2020 was US$ 1,847 Mn
- At a 4.32% increase from, Cummins, Inc.’s operating income of US$ 2,513 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Cummins, Inc. generated an operating income of US$ 2,409 Mn in 2018
Net Income(US$ Mn)
- Cummins, Inc.’s net income for 2021 was US$ 2,131 Mn, a 19.12% increase from 2020
- The net income generated by Cummins, Inc. in 2020 was US$ 1,789 Mn
- At a 5.56% increase from, Cummins, Inc.’s net income of US$ 2,260 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Cummins, Inc. generated a net income of US$ 2,141 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %
- 19% was the operating margin generated by Cummins, Inc. in 2021
- Cummins, Inc.’s operating margin for 2020 was 9%, a -13.08% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s operating margins, Cummins, Inc. registered a 5.94% increase in 2019, amounting to 11%
- An operating margin of 10% was generated in 2018 by Cummins, Inc.
Gross Margin %
- Cummins, Inc.’s gross margin for 2021 was 24%, a -4.05% decrease from 2020
- The gross margin generated by Cummins, Inc. in 2020 was 25%
- At a 5.39% increase from, Cummins, Inc.’s gross margin of 25% was indexed in 2019
- Cummins, Inc. generated a gross margin of 24% in 2018
Comprehensive products and services
Cummins provides a wide variety of services and products to its customers. The company is divided into four business segments: components, engine, distribution, and power generation. The segments are arranged according to the markets and products they serve, allowing management to concentrate its efforts on providing better service to a wide range of customers.
The Engine segment produces and markets a wide range of natural gas and diesel-powered engines for heavy-duty trucks, buses, recreational vehicles, and agricultural, construction, mining, and marine markets. The Components segment provides after-treatment systems, turbochargers, and filtration products as well as fuel systems for commercial diesel applications.
The company produces filtration systems for heavy-duty, mid-range, and on-highway equipment. It also makes filtration products for industrial applications and passenger cars. Cummins’ Distribution segment includes parts and filtration, power generator, engines, and service businesses that distribute a variety of products and services.
The company’s Power Generation segment manufactures the majority of components used in power generation systems. This includes controls, alternators, transfer switches, as well as switchgear. The generation segment is comprised of power products, power systems, and alternators. Cummins’ business risks are reduced by offering comprehensive products and services, which also opens up cross-selling opportunities. It also allows the company to access new and existing markets.
Get this premium content