Caterpillar, Inc Company Profile
- Establishment Year
- Key Management
Mr. Donald James Umpleby III (CEO)
- Revenue (US$ Mn)
Caterpillar, Inc. manufactures mining and construction equipment, as well as industrial turbines, diesel, and natural gas engines, and diesel-electric locomotives. It is headquartered in Deerfield, IL. It has the following segments: Transportation and Energy, Construction Industries and Resource Industries, and Financial Products. Customers in the Energy and Transportation support power generation, oil and gas, and rail. Customers and dealers can access a variety of financing options.
Customers using machinery for infrastructure and building construction are supported by the Construction Industries segment. The Resource Industries supports customers who use machinery in quarrying and mining. It includes product design, product management, product development, manufacturing, sales, and marketing. The All Other segments cover activities such as product management, product development, business strategy, and manufacturing filters.
Revenue (US$ Mn)
- US$ 51,000 Mn was the annual revenue generated by Capgemini SE in 2021
- Capgemini SE’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 41,700 Mn, a -22.49% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s annual revenues, Capgemini SE registered a -1.68% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 53,800 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 54,722 Mn was generated in 2018 by Capgemini SE
Operating Income(US$ Mn)
- Capgemini SE’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 6,900 Mn, a 50% increase from 2020
- The operating income generated by Capgemini SE in 2020 was US$ 4,600 Mn
- At a 0.08% increase, Capgemini SE’s operating income of US$ 8,300 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Capgemini SE generated an operating income of US$ 8,293 Mn in 2018
Net Income(US$ Mn)
- Capgemini SE’s net income for 2021 was US$ 1,759 Mn, a 34.17% increase from 2020
- The net income generated by Capgemini SE in 2020 was US$ 1,311 Mn
- At a -69.95% decrease, Capgemini SE’s net income of US$ 1,847 Mn was indexed in 2019
- Capgemini SE generated a net income of US$ 6,147 Mn in 2018
Operating Margin %
- Capgemini SE’s operating margin for 2021 was 14%, a 22.73% increase from 2020
- The operating margin generated by Capgemini SE in 2020 was 11%
- At a 1.32% increase, Capgemini SE’s operating margin of 15% was indexed in 2019
- Capgemini SE generated an operating margin of 15% in 2018
Strong portfolio of brands and diversified geographic presence
Caterpillar’s brand portfolio is strong. Caterpillar is the brand that protects all brands within the portfolio. It is a strong brand in the machinery, engines, and financial product markets. The CAT brand represents the company’s equipment, and the CAT Financial brand represents its financing and insurance products.
The company also sells Perkins Progress Rails, Solar Turbines, and FG Wilson MaK brands. Caterpillar also has brands such as CAT Reman, CAT Rental Store Anchor AsiaTrak, Hindustan, HYPAC, MWM, Olympian, Prentice, SEM, and Zhengzhou SIWEI, Yellowmark, and Turner Powertrain Systems. The company’s strong brand portfolio is complemented by a diverse geographic reach.
The company divides its business operations geographically into four regions: North America (EAME), Asia-Pacific, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America. EAME (21.8%), Asia-Pacific (22.8%), and Latin America (8.6%) accounted for 46.8%, 22.8%), 22.8%), and 2.8% respectively, in FY2018. Caterpillar’s strong brand portfolio supports its business growth. Its diverse geographic presence helps to mitigate risk from the market.
Get this premium content