ArcelorMittal SA Company Profile
- Key Management
Mr. Aditya Mittal (CEO)
~ 76,571 (2021))
~ 158,000 (2021)
ArcelorMittal SA is a holding company that engages in mining and steelmaking activities. ArcelorMittal, the largest steel and mining company in the world, was created in 2006 through the merger of Arcelor Steel, Mittal Steel, and Mining. Slabs, hot-rolled coil, and cold-rolled coil are all flat products.
Coated steel and plate are also available. Brazil also offers wire rods, bars, and rebars as well as for billets as blooms. Europe has hot-rolled and cool-rolled coils, coated products, tinplates and plates, slabs, and tinplates. ACIS offers a mix of flat- and long-rolled products. The Mining segment focuses on steel operations.
The Others segment covers corporate and shared services, financial activities, shipping, and logistics. Lakshmi Niwas Mittal founded the company in 1976. Luxembourg is its headquarters.
Revenue (US$ Mn):
- US$ 76,571 Mn was the annual revenue generated by ArcelorMittal SA in 2021
- ArcelorMittal SA’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 53,270 Mn, a -24.56% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s annual revenues, ArcelorMittal SA registered a -7.13% decrease in 2019, amounting to US$ 70,615 Mn
- Total revenue of US$ 76,033 Mn was generated in 2018 by ArcelorMittal SA
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- ArcelorMittal SA’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 16,976 Mn, a 704.55% increase from 2020
- The operating income generated by ArcelorMittal SA in 2020 was US$ 2,110 Mn
- At a -109.59% decrease, ArcelorMittal SA’s operating income of US$ -627 Mn was indexed in 2019
- ArcelorMittal SA generated an operating income of US$ 6,539 Mn in 2018
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- US$ 14,956 Mn was ArcelorMittal SA’s net income in 2021, a -2140.38% decrease from 2020 figures
- ArcelorMittal SA indexed a -70.13% decrease in net incomes from 2019, amounting to US$ -733 Mn in 2020
- ArcelorMittal SA generated a net income of US$ -2,454 Mn in 2019
- A net income of US$ 5,149 Mn was indexed by ArcelorMittal SA in 2018
Operating Margin %:
- 22% was the operating margin generated by ArcelorMittal SA in 2021
- ArcelorMittal SA’s operating margin for 2020 was 4%, a -544.44% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s operating margins, ArcelorMittal SA registered a -110.47% decrease in 2019, amounting to -1%
- An operating margin of 9% was generated in 2018 by ArcelorMittal SA
Gross Margin %:
- ArcelorMittal SA’s gross margin for 2021 was 25%, a 221.79% increase from 2020
- The gross margin generated by ArcelorMittal SA in 2020 was 8%
- At a -79.66% decrease, ArcelorMittal SA’s gross margin of 2% was indexed in 2019
- ArcelorMittal SA generated a gross margin of 12% in 2018
Strong market positions are a sign of the company’s exceptional performance and help it gain new business. ArcelorMittal is the largest global steel producer. It produced 71.5 million tonnes (Mt), of crude steel, and shipped 69.1Mt of steel in FY2020. It is the third-largest producer of steel in Europe and the Americas and the second-largest in Africa.
ArcelorMittal operates steel-making plants in 17 countries across four continents. These include 38 mini-mill and integrated steel-making facilities. It sells steel products in local markets, and through its central marketing organization in almost 160 countries, to a wide range of customers in the automotive, engineering, construction, and machine industries.