AbbVie Inc. Company Profile
- Key Management
Mr. Richard A Gonzalez (CEO)
~ 56,197 (2021)
~ 50,000 (2021)
AbbVie Inc. is an innovative biopharmaceutical firm that focuses on the development and marketing of pharmaceutical products. The company is focused on the treatment of chronic autoimmune conditions in rheumatology. gastroenterology. and dermatology. Oncology includes blood cancers. Viral diseases include hepatitis C virus and human immune deficiency virus (HIV). Neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease. Metabolic diseases include thyroid disease, complications associated with cystic fibrosis, pain associated with endometriosis, and other serious conditions. The company was created in October 2011 and is based out of North Chicago, IL
Revenue (US$ Mn):
US$ 56,197 Mn was the annual revenue generated by AbbVie Inc. in 2021
AbbVie Inc.’s annual revenue for 2020 was US$ 45,804 Mn, a 37.69% increase from 2019
From 2018’s annual revenues, AbbVie Inc. registered a 1.57% increase in 2019, amounting to US$ 33,266 Mn
Total revenue of US$ 32,753 Mn was generated in 2018 by AbbVie Inc.
Operating Income (US$ Mn):
- AbbVie Inc.’s operating income for 2021 was US$ 18,886 Mn, a 50.35% increase from the 2020
- The operating income generated by AbbVie Inc. in 2020 was US$ 12,561 Mn
- At a 96.39% increase, AbbVie Inc.’s operating income of US$ 13,368 Mn was indexed in 2019
- AbbVie Inc. generated an operating income of US$ 6,807 Mn in 2018
Net Income (US$ Mn):
- US$ 11,542 Mn was AbbVie Inc.’s net income in 2021, a 150.04% increase from 2020 figures
- AbbVie Inc. indexed a -41.44% decrease in net incomes from 2019, amounting to US$ 4,616 Mn in 2020
- AbbVie Inc. generated a net income of US$ 7,882 Mn in 2019
- A net income of US$ 5,687 Mn was indexed by Microsoft Corporation in 2018
Operating Margin %:
- 34% was the operating margin generated by AbbVie Inc. in 2021
- AbbVie Inc.’s operating margin for 2020 was 27%, a -31.84% decrease from 2019
- From 2018’s operating margins, AbbVie Inc. registered a 93.27% increase in 2019, amounting to 40%
- An operating margin of 21% was generated in 2018 by AbbVie Inc.
Gross Margin %:
- AbbVie Inc.’s gross margin for 2021 was 69%, a 3.92% increase from 2020
- The gross margin generated by AbbVie Inc. in 2020 was 66%
- At a 1.57% increase, AbbVie Inc.’s gross margin of 78% was indexed in 2019
- AbbVie Inc. generated a gross margin of 76% in 2018
Diversified global presence
The company is well-established in many markets around the world. The company is present in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and other countries. The company’s operations are divided into 11 categories: USA, Canada, Mexico, Canada, Spain, and Italy. The US accounted for 71% of the company’s total revenue in FY2018. Japan (3.7%), Germany (2.7%), France (2.1%), Canada (2.4%), Italy (1.1%), Spain (1.4%), Brazil (1.1%) and All Other Countries (11.1%). It is protected from adverse economic trends in one region by its presence across multiple geographies. It also gives it access to large markets, which can help increase its top line.
A strong focus on innovation and research to develop pharmaceutical products
AbbVie is committed to innovation and research. Its goal is to develop and discover innovative pharmaceutical products and acquire or work with other pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies. AbbVie has more than 60 indications or compounds in clinical development, either individually or as part of collaborations or licenses agreements. More than 30 of these programs are in the middle and late stages of development. The company’s research and development (R&D), is focused on therapeutic areas such as immunology, and oncology. virology. and neuroscience. It also targets investments in cystic fibrosis and women’s healthcare. The company’s strong emphasis on research and innovation in order to develop and commercialize innovative pharmaceutical products is what keeps its product pipeline strong. R&D centers are located in the United States, including California, Massachusetts, and Illinois. Ludwigshafen, Germany is also available. AbbVie spent US$6,407 million on R&D in FY2019. This accounted for 19%.
Investor confidence increases with steady revenue growth
The company’s revenue for FY2019 was US$33,266 million, compared to US$32.753 million in FY2018. This is an increase of 1.6%. RINVOQ products, Creon, Duodopa, and IMBRUVICA, as well as SKYRIZI and RINVOQ products, contributed to the increase in revenue. Market penetration drove a 12% increase in Duodopa’s sales. Creon product sales increased due to market growth, favorable pricing, and an increase in the pancreatic enzyme market.
The company’s VENCLEXTA product sales grew more than 100% after market share gains due to FDA and EMA approvals for VENCLEXTA, in combination with Rituxan, for certain patients suffering from R/R CLL. Investor confidence in the company is increased by strong revenue performance, which allows it to expand its business.
Get this premium content